• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms - top 40 QB countdown

NAS

No secret I am a fan of his QB evaluations.  Here is where he stands so far.  He still thinks that Darnold has a chance to redeem himself. 

It will be interesting to see where he ranks our incoming rookie Matt Corrall. 

image.thumb.png.de67425040892bb4f192c50478ddd9cc.png

• Beer 2

I listened to the one he did on sammy. He's got all the tools and athletic ability. It's basically his ability to process and handle pressure. He also talks about him missing the big throws. He doesn't see opportunities and can't capitalize on them when he does see them. We missed out on a lot of points because he couldn't get it done. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I mean the Tyrod thing is pretty weird.  Maybe he is factoring his recent health.  I guess that could make sense. He clearly should be above Sam Darnold based on careers to date. 

Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and pretty much better everything statisically. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean the Tyrod thing is pretty weird.  Maybe he is factoring his recent health.  I guess that could make sense. He clearly should be above Sam Darnold based on careers to date. 

Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and pretty much better everything statisically. 

Tyrod is a checkdown king though.  Simms prefers QBs who like to sling it

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No way Darnold should be ahead of Taylor, Minshew, or Mills. I wasn't big at all on Pickett as a prospect but he hasn't proven he sucks in the NFL and Darnold has so hell I'd have him over Darnold too.

Teddy is basically Tyrod though.  They both have basically the exact same edge over him in the W/L department and TD/INT department. 

I know hating Teddy is hip here.  And he isn't good.  But he is still better than Sam Darnold. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Teddy is basically Tyrod though.  That both have basically the exact same edge over him in the W/L department and TD/INT department. 

I know hating Teddy is hip here.  And he isn't good.  But he is still better than Sam Darnold. 

I honestly didn't even notice Teddy's name on the list. Yes, Teddy is better than Darnold. By a decent margin. Teddy would actually be an ideal backup. He's not going to go out there and lose the game for you. He's definitely not gonna win it either, but he's the perfect kinda "hold the fort down" backup. Your team is going to be what your team is with Teddy. Bad roster, bad team. Good roster, good team. He's just the perfect vanilla QB. Him being your starter at QB adds more subtracts any expected wins from baseline. If you sucked before Teddy, you still suck. If you were good before Teddy, you're still good (unless your previous QB was carrying you).

• Pie 1