• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College football might be about to get real interesting

Mr. Scot

Not sure if you've seen the fireworks today between Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher, but it's gotten kinda crazy.

Saban basically accused Texas A&M of "buying" players. Fisher called a press conference and fired back at Saban for...a lot of things 😳

Somewhere in the process, Saban also mentioned Deion Sanders' team. That elicited this response...

As of right now, eporters everywhere are getting ready to watch the fireworks.

Potentially a lot could happen between now and next year's draft that could affect the college football landscape.

This sounds like a story that might be worth keeping our eyes on.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure if you've seen the fireworks today between Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher, but it's gotten kinda crazy.

Saban basically accused Texas A&M of "buying" players. Fisher called a press conference and fired back at Saban for...a lot of things 😳

Somewhere in the process, Saban also mentioned Deion Sanders' team. That elicited this response...

As of right now, eporters everywhere are getting ready to watch the fireworks.

Potentially a lot could happen between now and next year's draft that could affect the college football landscape.

This sounds like a story that might be worth keeping our eyes on.

Both massive, cheating douches. Nothing to see other than people being upset that their normal cheating is now legal.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Both massive, cheating douches. Nothing to see other than people being upset that their normal cheating is now legal.

It's what could potentially come out of that issue that could make things "interesting".

The story Will Kunkel cited above is one example.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's going to be really messy in college sports while this whole NIL process is getting ironed out. It was way past time for something like this to happen but it's gonna be the wild west for awhile.

I have literally been pushing for the NIL for over 25 years. Glad to see it come to pass.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I have literally been pushing for the NIL for over 25 years. Glad to see it come to pass.

Yep. It was badly needed. Now it badly needs some parameters and oversight. I honestly think that's why the NCAA fought it for so long and why when they were finally forced to open the flood gates they just threw them open 100%. They don't want to actually work. 😂

They want this to be a full on poo show so that they can say, "See! We told you so!"

I've always said paying college kids would open a can of worms. Instead of "paying" them ... they came up with this NIL idea. For those that supported paying athletes were fine with NIL. Good for them, they'd say. I didn't even think of how schools could use NIL to their benefit. All of the alum/backer stuff that people have forever been saying poisons the game ... just became legally possible with NIL. Good job, NCAA ... lol. Good job, people that supported kids making money ... lol. It's going to get dirtier than ever now.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I've always said paying college kids would open a can of worms. Instead of "paying" them ... they came up with this NIL idea. For those that supported paying athletes were fine with NIL. Good for them, they'd say. I didn't even think of how schools could use NIL to their benefit. All of the alum/backer stuff that people have forever been saying poisons the game ... just became legally possible with NIL. Good job, NCAA ... lol. Good job, people that supported kids making money ... lol. It's going to get dirtier than ever now.

Not sure if you were shooting for the most tone-deaf post in Huddle history, but if you didn't hit the moon you certainly landed ong the stars. 😂

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1

Saban didn’t even accuse Jimbo, the players, etc of doing something illegal or wrong.  Jumbo’s rant was against an accusation that wasn’t actually made.  LOL.  

Jimbo is just mad Saban outed what the wealthiest college did and what is going to continue to happen.  And Jimbo is going to want it to stay that way for him to reap the benefits.  Saban wants the rules/NIL changed.