• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College football might be about to get real interesting

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I have literally been pushing for the NIL for over 25 years. Glad to see it come to pass.

The NIL in theory is good.  

But what presently exists at big schools now isn’t really that.  It’s just pay for play.  With a lot more cash and not in secret. 

NIL does need some work. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. It was badly needed. Now it badly needs some parameters and oversight. I honestly think that's why the NCAA fought it for so long and why when they were finally forced to open the flood gates they just threw them open 100%. They don't want to actually work. 😂

They want this to be a full on poo show so that they can say, "See! We told you so!"

They fought it for so long because they wanted all the money. That was the reason.

It's a shitshow because rather than having a plan, they fought it tooth and nail. fug all these crooked universities(athletic dept) and the NCAA.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

The NIL in theory is good.  

But what presently exists at big schools now isn’t really that.  It’s just pay for play.  With a lot more cash and not in secret. 

NIL does need some work. 

Pay for play has existed for as long as college athletics. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pay for play has existed for as long as college athletics. 

Oh I wasn’t implying it hasn’t always existed.  It has.  Bama had mastered the old system for example.  Which basically what this Saban/Jimbo beef is IMO. 

The new version?  Well someone like A&M does have new advantages now.  Which he isn’t happy about. 

Now it’s more cash.  A lot more.  And they don’t really have to hide it.  They just use the NIL cover. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Oh I wasn’t implying it hasn’t always existed.  It has.  Bama had mastered the old system for example.  Which basically what this Saban/Jimbo beef is IMO. 

The new version?  Well someone like A&M does have new advantages now.  Which he isn’t happy about. 

Now it’s more cash.  A lot more.  And they don’t really have to hide it.  They just use the NIL cover. 

I'd rather it be open rather than the shadows. I have seen enough personally from the shadow world in AAU basketball. UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, etc. I have seen/have knowledge of them all putting money in players pockets. That's just the local schools. Plenty nationally too.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

Pitt WR just got a rumored 3.5 million fo transfer to USC. The NIL stuff is not going to be a local kid pitching Camaros for a dealership. It’s bogus marketing deals set up to launder bribe money - just Iike most of us called it. NCAA is gonna have to set up some rules asap or this sport is ruined. 

• Beer 2