• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College football might be about to get real interesting

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man I don’t see it…You can say that about anyone but calling out Texas A&M is just ridiculous IMO.  I don’t agree with you at all here

The richest school just secured the #1 recruiting class of all time….thanks to “NIL”. 

Yes, pay for play has always happened and yes the rich have always benefited from it in college sports.   The introduction of NIL is just a new version on steroids.  Therefore it gets even more extreme. 

Saban speaks the truth.  There just happens to be some hypocrisy in it given Bama is saying it….and were one of the lead dogs of the older model.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

The richest school just secured the #1 recruiting class of all time….thanks to “NIL”. 

Yes, pay for play has always happened and yes the rich have always benefited from it in college sports.   The introduction of NIL is just it now on comical steroids.  Therefore it gets even more extreme. 

Saban speaks the truth.  There just happens to be some hypocrisy in it given Bama is saying it and were one of the lead dogs of the older model.

Bullshet NIL doesn’t benefit Saban and that is the only thing he is concerned with

Saying this doesn’t benefit the players is ludicrous 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

These old rich guys are just pissed top recruits can either afford to go wherever they want if they think they can land some sponsorships or they're going to have to pay more off the books to recruit them than they had in the old system. I hope it makes some smaller schools and HBCU's more competitive so we don't see the same schools at the top every year. Quality of facilities/media attention will still differ but I don't see how it's not a good thing for underdogs in general

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They are not the richest school (Harvard is by far), but they are tied with Texas for the wealthiest athletic program.

Texas Tied for Richest College Football Program (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Texas will probably blow A&M's doors off (again) once they're in the $EC. They're still at the top despite being pretty mediocre for the past decade.

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

These old rich guys are just pissed top recruits can either afford to go wherever they want if they think they can land some sponsorships or they're going to have to pay more off the books to recruit them than they had in the old system. I hope it makes some smaller schools and HBCU's more competitive so we don't see the same schools at the top every year. Quality of facilities/media attention will still differ but I don't see how it's not a good thing for underdogs in general

I would think it would just help the major programs separate even further and not actually aid smaller programs. 

and the college football playoff  era is already is coming down to just a handful of teams.  I would think if the NIL doesn’t change….while the teams might change the top from what they are now, the couple teams that emerge will create even more separation.  

everyone hates Dabo and Saban.  And a lot of it is just.  But they have been making a lot of good points about NIL, the portal, etc.