• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there.

Zod

On 5/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, saX man said:

@Zod Let's wipe rep and all board data and start from scratch.  That just sounds fun.

Or maybe change some account names via polls.  

The good stuff.  

Does rep even matter anymore? It's not the crushing noob blow that it was decades ago. 

Doing fairly well tyty

Studying for certifications, son just finished up his first season of soccer, wife is on the other side of a mental health episode that had her down and out the last few weeks, and I'll be heading out of town to an event next week (that I was just added to the staff for!).

I've had to cut down tremendously on getting my Panthers fix here, unfortunately. It is not worth attempting to research and create discussion threads anymore (which was what originally brought me to the Huddle). Now, threads are dominated by toxic regulars who go out of their way to repeat the same tired rhetoric in every thread without ever actually contributing to the discussion. It wouldn't be so bad if mods weren't also discouraging discussion by doing the same thing.

Hopefully the team finds a way to start winning and we can go back to hating the mainstream sports media instead of ourselves + each other.

20220416_071551.jpg.2e5d72783c241bd51e00df62eb3fa204.jpg

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, ladypanther said:

@ZodThanks for asking.  Found out a few months ago I have been sick for years and did not know it (celiac disease).  Stopped eating gluten and have a lot more energy (did not realize my energy level was low). March 1, joined the local wellness center and started swimming before work.  Took me 2 months but am up to a mile.  I feel great!

Panthers of course have been a bummer.  I do think Rhule has been reigned in a bit by Tepper. Fingers Crossed Clipart

The new coaches may help to give us a better year.  Hoping real grown up NFL coaches will not be outsmarted every week after halftime.

OMG!!! You can SWIM a MILE!!!????

20 hours ago, ladypanther said:

@ZodThanks for asking.  Found out a few months ago I have been sick for years and did not know it (celiac disease).  Stopped eating gluten and have a lot more energy (did not realize my energy level was low). March 1, joined the local wellness center and started swimming before work.  Took me 2 months but am up to a mile.  I feel great!

Panthers of course have been a bummer.  I do think Rhule has been reigned in a bit by Tepper. Fingers Crossed Clipart

The new coaches may help to give us a better year.  Hoping real grown up NFL coaches will not be outsmarted every week after halftime.

Best wishes, LP.

Lady Cowboy Fan is almost walking normally again. She took me out yesterday to get a new phone.

They've told her that her next surgery will be in August so I guess we'll start the whole process over then.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Navy_football said:

OMG!!! You can SWIM a MILE!!!????

Yep.  Not bad for an old girl huh? 

Started from zero.  Had not exercised in years.  Wanted to but just could not get it done..now I know why.

A mile is 70.4 laps in the pool I use. I do 72 laps right now a few times a week.  I alternate each lap between free style and back stroke. I like working different muscles.  One of my goals is to strengthen my back muscles and can really feel it with the back stroke. 

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 3

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Best wishes, LP.

Lady Cowboy Fan is almost walking normally again. She took me out yesterday to get a new phone.

They've told her that her next surgery will be in August so I guess we'll start the whole process over then.

Glad to hear she is making progress.  I hope the August surgery is the last one??

20 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Yep.  Not bad for an old girl huh? 

Started from zero.  Had not exercised in years.  Wanted to but just could not get it done..now I know why.

A mile is 70.4 laps in the pool I use. I do 72 laps right now a few times a week.  I alternate each lap between free style and back stroke. I like working different muscles.  One of my goals is to strengthen my back muscles and can really feel it with the back stroke. 

Anymore, I'm not confident I could do 72 laps in my bathtub 😄