• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Best bets" article puts Panthers under 5.5 wins

Mr. Scot

From Vic Tafur in The Athletic...

Panthers Under 5.5 (+115)

The Panthers improved their offensive line. Too bad Sam Darnold is still the QB. There is still some question as to whether Matt Rhule knows what he is doing, which is not ideal in Year 3. They have a shot thanks to their friendly schedule, but if they don’t split their first four games against the Browns, Giants, Saints and Cardinals, or sweep the Falcons, they are in big, big trouble. 

NFL win totals, over/unders and best bets for all 32 teams

Tafur is a long time Raiders beat writer now working for The Athletic as a national reporter.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Vic Tafur in The Athletic...

Panthers Under 5.5 (+115)

The Panthers improved their offensive line. Too bad Sam Darnold is still the QB. There is still some question as to whether Matt Rhule knows what he is doing, which is not ideal in Year 3. They have a shot thanks to their friendly schedule, but if they don’t split their first four games against the Browns, Giants, Saints and Cardinals, or sweep the Falcons, they are in big, big trouble. 

NFL win totals, over/unders and best bets for all 32 teams

Tafur is a long time Raiders beat writer now working for The Athletic as a national reporter.

So this guy isn't expecting the team to make any progress during the season, which is totally fair considering we actually regressed. Interesting both years we had early 3 game winning streaks and then got figured out/nearly got shut out.

39 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Over. We have a much improved Oline and CMC is likely to make it past 7 games this year. Our schedule might be a tad more difficult (impossible to tell at this point) but we get ATL x 2 again.

I counter your giddy optimism with...

As 'fire Matt Rhule' chants break out, Panthers coach reflects on lost  season: 'I should be booed' | Sporting News

Edited by bigpoppa
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Over. We have a much improved Oline and CMC is likely to make it past 7 games this year. Our schedule might be a tad more difficult (impossible to tell at this point) but we get ATL x 2 again.

I have yet to see someone take a schedule and put the actual 8 wins out there though.  It would then require the Panthers pulling some big upsets IMO after basically running the table on all the close ones. 

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

I have yet to see someone take a schedule and put the actual 8 wins out there though.  It would then require the Panthers pulling some big upsets IMO after basically running the table on all the close ones. 

Eight? We are talking six wins to cover.  

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Eight? We are talking six wins to cover.  

I think I read the post wrong.  You said make it past 7 games.  I read that as wins intitially.  That's where my mind got 8. You meant CMC. 

But yeah, I'd take the over if forced with 6.  I can't get much higher.