• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Steve Reed reports "the Panthers are still interested in" Jimmy Garoppolo

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't give a shlt how long his incompletions were, which is in IAY. 

CAY is COMPLETED AIR YARDS, and by that stat he 13th best.

You discount the other stats but you are SOOO worried about how long his  incompletions were.

Yeah, you know what you're talking about.

Whatever

Jimmy G

Air yards per pass attempt and air yards per completion

2021- 29th and 13th 

2020 -40th and 39th 

2019 - 37th and 26th 

Seems to paint a pretty consistent picture of what checkdown Jimmy G does with the ball.  He is Teddy B.    

People aren't mindlessly hating on Jimmy G.  Just like they don't with Rhule/Tepper/Darnold.  Just calling a spade a spade.  We just have some posters that like to create mythical characters that don't exist. 

and if you go back in time when we signed Teddy B.  There were people then that would argue he wasn't a checkdown QB.  Because they didn't want him to be.  So they refused to accept a pretty well established reality on the QB. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The Jimmy-G Man's record unequivocally says he is a #WINNER 💥👊...

that's what Teddy's record said.  Until the checkdown QB came to Carolina. 

what happened there if record is the end all be all? 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Months and months and months and months of shitposting about different QB's and it turns out SizzleBuzz is just a Jimmy Garoppolo fanboy.

I wouldn't put money on him ever even watching Garoppolo play.

His MO is to take up contrarian positions because he thinks it makes him look smarter than others. Given that his positions invariably tend to be wrong, it doesn't really work out that way.

When debating, he'll look up a stat or an article that kinda sorta maybe in a way if you don't think about it too hard supports his position and then stick with that as if it were a final authority (even after it's debunked).

He can't keep up with an actual debate so it's pretty much all he's got. It's equally obvious that he doesn't really understand football given his reliance on the things mentioned above.

I get that he wants to be part of the conversation, and I'm pretty sure I know why. Normally wouldn't fault him for that, but the track he takes trying to act superior to others makes me lose sympathy for him.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't put money on him ever even watching Garoppolo play.

His MO is to take up contrarian positions because he thinks it makes him look smarter than others. Given that his positions invariably tend to be wrong, it doesn't really work out that way.

When debating, he'll look up a stat or an article that kinda sorta maybe in a way if you don't think about it too hard supports his position and then stick with that as if it were a final authority (even after it's debunked).

He can't keep up with an actual debate so it's pretty much all he's got. It's equally obvious that he doesn't really understand football given his reliance on the things mentioned above.

I get that he wants to be part of the conversation, and I'm pretty sure I know why. Normally wouldn't fault him for that, but the track he takes trying to act superior to others makes me lose sympathy for him.

I mean, he's really fantastically smart for proving his point by posting repeatedly that "Jimmy is a winner" and adding a few emjois to it to really show his superiority

Edited by X-Clown

On 5/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, poundaway said:

The 9ers are 31-14 with JimmyG. Shanahan is 8-28 without JimmyG. They went to the Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games in the last 3 years.  He had the 9th highest passer rating at 98.7 last year. Higher than Mahomes, Herbert, Josh Allen, and Tannehill.

Naaah.  We're too good for him.

Whatever.

To quote the inimitable Sgt. Joe Friday...

..."just the facts, ma'am"... 😎👊

2015 > 5-11

2016 > 2-14

2017 > 1-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2018 > 3-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2020 > 3-7 w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 7-27 (.206) w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 9-6 (.600) w/ Jimmy G.

'19/'21 > 27-12 (.692) w/ Jimmy G. fully available, includes a Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games, as well as multiple playoff wins against Whiny Aaron.

Jimmy G. is the epitome of a difference maker...

...the anti-Darnold if you will -- Panthers could use a some of that 💣💥...

Edited by SizzleBuzz