• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Steve Reed reports "the Panthers are still interested in" Jimmy Garoppolo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I'd just rather get Matt Corral on the field by midseason.  That seems more fruitful and has more purpose.   I think adding these guys stops that from happening. 

Last I heard us fans don't have a vote. If I did I would cast my vote in favor of your suggestion.  But at this point it's all entertainment for me.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

JimmyG>Teddy

There's just no comparison statistically or otherwise.

Even San Francisco media is tired of Checkdown Jimmy G leading the 49ers (msn.com)

yeah, there is.  They are both checkdown QBs that can't and don't make the throws downfield you need from a QB. 

That comparison has been here since Jimmy's name was very first brought up awhile back. 

* It's why they have almost identical career completion %.  

• Flames 2

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

If Matt Rhule gets his hands on Jimmy G no one here is seeing Matt Corral.  

New season, same Panthers.  The brand is basically Groundhog Day.  

image.jpeg.5023c98adba60ffcb2dbabb075a8e60e.jpeg

Falarich — Jimmy Garoppolold I would love to get my hands on Jimmy's gorgeous body 

Edited by TheSpecialJuan

33 minutes ago, KSpan said:

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit GIF by chuber channel

In all seriousness though, if SF is picking up most of the salary and Carolina is giving up like a 5th or later, then I guess whatever.

We already gave up our 2023 3rd round pick to get Corral. Let's not trade away are all draft picks again. 

Jimmy G/Baker might get you 7 to 9 wins. Then you have to decide if you want to sign them to an expensive long term extension, or let them walk for nothing, all without getting a good look at your rookie with game speed reps. 

The better course of action would be to get Corral on the field by Week 8, and see what the rook can do.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2