• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Steve Reed reports "the Panthers are still interested in" Jimmy Garoppolo

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Problem is the Panthers know neither guy would sign here as a free agent, which should turn them off on wanting them at all but here we are. 

I think that one of them would sign here given the current landscape. The only other team that could be legitimately looking to upgrade is the Seahawks. Atlanta and New Orleans have guys that could possibly be better, or at least the same, so why give anything for either one of them?

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He has no guaranteed money this year. They can dump him and get back $24M in salary. That’s why if they are moving on, he will be released.

Great, next is offering him close to nothing.

1 hour ago, saX man said:

I mean come on peeps...coming off injury and nothing being done during or right after the draft, the price should be going down on him.  Hopefully we stay patient.  We can basically swap out final years with Darnold and Jimmy (or if it's Baker), I don't believe there's a market of a team willing to eat that 2022 money, especially when it can easily become rollover cap without a move.  Let SF and CLE suffer unless they eat these contracts.  

Is Jimmy & Corral much different than Darnold & Corral? No, but if we can manage a swap, it's at least novel. This is something the staff would do to roll the dice somehow but it depends on how low 49ers are willing to go.  

It's something to really just be indifferent about at this point.

Don't really care how low the price is if I don't want him.