• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Steve Reed reports "the Panthers are still interested in" Jimmy Garoppolo

Bye bye 2023 draft picks.

Honestly, say what you will about the decision to go after Baker/Jimmy G but waiting until after the draft to chase them is a smarter move. Price is likely to drop as there will be less overall interest. The only way it could go up is a rash of QB TC injuries.

• Beer 1

Just leave the damn picks alone. Rhule already chose his qb and was allowed to give up enough for him. Plus you got him a rookie. Demand results with that.

Course if you’re already just giving him 5/6 years like some sort of idiot I guess it doesn’t matter.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

Hmm, I think what's going on here is the Panthers are about the only team with the cap space and the media is putting two and two together. If *we* aren't interested, there aren't many other options to take those contracts. If we aren't interested, there is no story.

I do think Fitt is fueling this though, anonymously. If someone asks him if we are interested in such and such player, his answer will ALWAYS be something to the effect of "never say never" which, to the media, means enthusiastically YES, if it fits the narrative they are wanting to discuss.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

His salary is not guaranteed. SF can cut him and save $24M. Why in the world would they give us a 2nd to take on the salary when they can cut him and keep their 2nd?

Nothing is gonna happen until he can prove that he can throw in training camp, and then it's gonna be too late for any team to want to trade for him as a day 1 starter not knowing the new teams playbook. I think they keep him, maybe cut him if Trey Lance is obviously ready during preseason. Sucks for Jimmy but he decided on the surgery kind late and they're giving him the opportunity to be traded, just no ones biting unless Rhule throws a hissy fit. Don't think Rhule has that kinda leverage anymore though

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Nothing is gonna happen until he can prove that he can throw in training camp, and then it's gonna be too late for any team to want to trade for him as a day 1 starter not knowing the new teams playbook. I think they keep him, maybe cut him if Trey Lance is obviously ready during preseason. Sucks for Jimmy but he decided on the surgery kind late and they're giving him the opportunity to be traded, just no ones biting unless Rhule throws a hissy fit. Don't think Rhule has that kinda leverage anymore though

He's in the Cam situation post surgery. How come his shoulder isn't shot? Maybe that's why nobody else came knocking and they're trying to fool the dopey Panthers into shooting themselves in the foot.

• Beer 1