• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Christian McCaffrey up to?

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have empathy for the guys who have suffered severe injuries. Or the guys who bust their ass and just aren't good enough... or the average Joe dealing with soaring inflation and stagnating wages.

But the reality is that CMC has missed an inordinate amount of time with relatively minor injuries in terms of NFL injuries and all if it has come after signing what was at the time the richest RB contract in NFL history.

Why are people acting like this is a hot take? 
it’s truthful and has been said before lots of places.  It seems pretty obvious that he is shutting it down until he is completely 100% heathy which just isn’t a reasonable expectation in the nfl.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Yet when it was Newton everyone sang a different tune.

Ah yes the "but Cam Newton" defense. It's his fault McCaffrey can't stay on the field and it's certainly his fault the team is such a mess. How could we all not see it. Yet you talk about unbiased takes 🤔

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He played in 48 of a possible 48 games before his big new contract. Since then he's played in 10 of a possible 33.

I definitely agree with pulling him out of the lineup when we're mathematically eliminated.

As for the staff decision, players know what to say with soft tissue injuries if they want to get clearance to play... they also know what to say when they don't want to get clearance to play. Especially guys whose fathers had long NFL careers.

For the record, I don't blame CMC if he's gaming the system. But I do think there's a pretty decent chance that he's gaming the system.

Still waiting on that expert sports science breakdown on his “minor” injuries. 

Also curious as to what circles you’re in to make bold assumptions that his contract somehow dampens his motivation. 

Did Christian knock up a family member of yours or something because I’m just not reading where the negative bias is coming from? 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Ah yes the "but Cam Newton" defense. It's his fault McCaffrey can't stay on the field and it's certainly his fault the team is such a mess. How could we all not see it. Yet you talk about unbiased takes 🤔

Cam has nothing to do with Christian but a lot of people running to his defense pertaining to his injury history are raking CMC over the coals for the same. One of these guys actually plays the position that is most often injured in the NFL. 

Cams injuries were hardly his fault arguably outside of his shoulder in regards to his throwing mechanics. 

Christians are arguably related to over utilization. 

But if we’re being objective, let’s also be unbiased.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/cam-newton/4690

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Cam has nothing to do with Christian but a lot of people running to his defense pertaining to his injury history are raking CMC over the coals for the same. One of these guys actually plays the position that is most often injured in the NFL. 

Cams injuries were hardly his fault arguably outside of his shoulder in regards to his throwing mechanics. 

Christians are arguably related to over utilization. 

But if we’re being objective, let’s also be unbiased.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/cam-newton/4690

Cam Newton is in the books as the only MVP in franchise history and this team moved on from him like he was any other player when the time came because of injuries. Some of you are simply too emotional when it comes to CMC. Facts are facts.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Cam Newton is in the books as the only MVP in franchise history and this team moved on from him like he was any other player when the time came because of injuries. Some of you are simply too emotional when it comes to CMC. Facts are facts.

I’d you don’t think any team would do the same to any other franchise player based on the same circumstances then I can’t help you. 

There’s a reason that Christian was circulating trade rumors despite it not actually going down. He’s basically the face of the franchise since Cam left and they were likely ready to part ways for the right price. 

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have empathy for the guys who have suffered severe injuries. Or the guys who bust their ass and just aren't good enough... or the average Joe dealing with soaring inflation and stagnating wages.

But the reality is that CMC has missed an inordinate amount of time with relatively minor injuries in terms of NFL injuries and all if it has come after signing what was at the time the richest RB contract in NFL history.

All stains and sprains lol. Some are acting like he tore an achilles...Injury History

I get why he is held out as you stated but at the same time when you look around the league it also comes off as soft. I don't know if it is him or the team making that call though, that is a really important difference. 

I would rather seem him out wide in a dynamic role there and not running up the gut anymore. Cheaper RBs can do the pounding, it's getting to be a waste of talent and a ridiculously easy dump off target for bad QB play to use as a crutch. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I’d you don’t think any team would do the same to any other franchise player based on the same circumstances then I can’t help you. 

There’s a reason that Christian was circulating trade rumors despite it not actually going down. He’s basically the face of the franchise since Cam left and they were likely ready to part ways for the right price. 

Three consecutive five win seasons is why you don't make an RB the face of your franchise in the modern NFL. The Panthers should have been adhering to an any means necessary approach the minute they decided to move on from Cam Newton by acquiring their next franchise QB via draft. That should have come before the addition of any defensive pieces and certainly the largest RB contract in the league. Clearly they learned this lesson but in the meantime it is us the fans who had to live through the ramifications of this significant gaffe. Let's hope Corral has the goods🤞

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Three consecutive five win seasons is why you don't make an RB the face of your franchise in the modern NFL. The Panthers should have been adhering to an any means necessary approach the minute they decided to move on from Cam Newton by acquiring their next franchise QB via draft. That should have come before the addition of any defensive pieces and certainly the largest RB contract in the league. Clearly they learned this lesson but in the meantime it is us the fans who had to live through the ramifications of this significant gaffe. Let's hope Corral has the goods🤞

Those 5 win seasons look more like 1-2 wins without him. Hate him if you want but the dude is a baller. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Still waiting on that expert sports science breakdown on his “minor” injuries. 

Also curious as to what circles you’re in to make bold assumptions that his contract somehow dampens his motivation. 

Did Christian knock up a family member of yours or something because I’m just not reading where the negative bias is coming from? 

All of his injuries have been of the soft tissue, non-severe (not full tears) variety. 

What bold claims am I making? I'm not saying he IS soft or OS gaming the system I'm just saying that he might be and there are legit signs that point to that possibly being the case.

Take off your fan girl glasses and relaxed you'd be mocking the hell out of a rival if they had a guy who played like an iron man before getting an all-time contract and then all of a sudden started missing two thirds of the games with injuries that generally don't require a ton of missed time.

Hell, I don't blame CMC either way. I doubt I'd be all that inclined to go out there and take a pounding for a shitty team once I had my generational wealth contract in hand either. It is what it is.

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All of his injuries have been of the soft tissue, non-severe (not full tears) variety. 

What bold claims am I making? I'm not saying he IS soft or OS gaming the system I'm just saying that he might be and there are legit signs that point to that possibly being the case.

Take off your fan girl glasses and relaxed you'd be mocking the hell out of a rival if they had a guy who played like an iron man before getting an all-time contract and then all of a sudden started missing two thirds of the games with injuries that generally don't require a ton of missed time.

Hell, I don't blame CMC either way. I doubt I'd be all that inclined to go out there and take a pounding for a shitty team once I had my generational wealth contract in hand either. It is what it is.

Even grade 1 tears can take 3-4 weeks to recover from so your ignorance in the rehabilitative realm is on full display here.