• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st Cuts

4 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

we'll probably be looking at LBs an DTs....no pass rushers worth anything will be let go because they're too valuable.  Rhule said he wanted a LT, QB and pass rusher, and we got the first 2 in the draft.

This. Anything the will help then run D. We need help pretty equally at DT and ILB so we'll probably look at those.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Need for Panthers to cut Derrick Brown. Send a message to the team. 

It will also send a message that the FO is stupider than we think.  Cut a Starting DT on a rookie salary because he isn’t progressing like we think he should. Backfill him with someone that plays about the same but costs more.   

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

It will also send a message that the FO is stupider than we think.  Cut a Starting DT on a rookie salary because he isn’t progressing like we think he should. Backfill him with someone that plays about the same but costs more.   

I was half way joking around when I said that. I know we can’t cut him now but this is a huge year for him. Did they pick up his option yet? 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

we'll probably be looking at LBs an DTs....no pass rushers worth anything will be let go because they're too valuable.  Rhule said he wanted a LT, QB and pass rusher, and we got the first 2 in the draft.

Mostly you're correct.  However some teams draft replacement player (1st rounders) and would be looking to play them and save money with the rookies.  And if I am correct, June 1st cuts gives them the opportunity to spread the money out over a couple of years. (100% if that is correct)

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I also just read where Quinn wants out of Chicago.

He's 32 and had a career year last year with 18.5 sack.  I am sure part of his success was because he was opposite K. Mack who is now in SD.

He's under contract until 2024. 

Report: Bears Pro Bowl DE Robert Quinn 'wants out of Chicago' (msn.com)

think he's from Charleston...he might want to come here.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I was half way joking around when I said that. I know we can’t cut him now but this is a huge year for him. Did they pick up his option yet? 

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Not sure about the option.  Apologies I took the post as literal.  

You can't pick up a player's 5th year option in their 3rd year. Dude's trolling.

• Pie 1