• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The way too early look at the final 53

Cdparr7

There isn't much going on this time of the year so I figured I would post. There are going to be some interesting position battles this year. This is what I currently see as the final 53. (I know people will be upset I put Corral behind Walker but ya know "Temple" and such). Some of the top battles this year will be:

CB

Will likely keep 4-6. Current CBs are-Barnes, Harper, Henderson, Horn, Jackson, Melvin, Taylor, Thomas-Oliver, Westry.

Safety

Will likely keep 4-5. Currents Safeties are-Woods, Robinson, Franklin, Chinn, Chandler, Burris.

Offensive Line

Will likely keep 8-10. Current OL are-Bozeman, Brown, Christensen, Corbett, Daley, Ekwonu, Elflein, Erving, Horton, Jordan, Mays, Miller, Moton, Pleasants, Tecklenburg.

Defensive Tackle

Could keep 4-5. Current DTs are- Brown, Hoskins, Roy, Ioannidis, McCall, Nixon, Tuioti-Mariner.

Wide Receiver

Could keep anywhere from 4-7. Years past have kept 5. Current WRs are-Zylstra, Wright, Smith, Saunders, Roberts, Rambo, Parchment, Moore, Marshall, Limu-Jones, Higgins, Henry, Anderson.

Not much competition at LB or DE which is scary.

image.png.71eaa8c779ce7099b752f3d6a225bfeb.png

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If this team had a different owner and coach, I'd say this roster looks like it's on the rise and could be in for a 2002-like Step 1 of a turnaround. But because they're hamstrung by Rhule and an Adderall-less Tepper, it's tougher to say that.

True, but I feel like Wilkes, Campen, and McAdoo will bring much needed experience and professionalism. Hopefully it’s enough to bring some wins home.

• Pie 2

Our OL looks SO much better than last year. I’ll give credit where credit it due. Their top goal was to address the OL and they absolutely did. That in itself should make us more competitive as they gel and develop throughout the season. I’m hoping another WR like Shi or Rambo steps up and gets some playing time as well. We seem to have a decent roster while thin at a few spots. Next year will be a big offseason. Aside from the QB situation there isn’t too many weaknesses. LB and DT could still get filled in as teams make cuts this year.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:25 PM, Cdparr7 said:

This is what I currently see as the final 53.

Love the write up, perfect for this time of year. I only count 52 players though; maybe add an extra WR or S. I could see Franklin grabbing a spot on the roster.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s not really that hard as some people think. When you let guys like Norwell R. Kalil and Turner go, you need to refill. When your 2018-2020 moves are adding guys coming off bad injuries like Daryl Williams (sign him a year later like the Bills), Paradis and Okung, guys who were never good like Erving and Elflein and draft late/reach for guys no one else liked in the draft like Little, Daley, Brown and BC, it’s not surprising the OL fell apart.

All we did this year was sign OL who were good with their prior teams and draft the consensus top tackle. Wow, revolutionary results. Draft top OL, don’t reach and don’t ignore good OL in the draft. Also, don’t sign FA rejects. Who would have thought that could work?

I really do hope they gel and someone steps forward and just seizes the open G spot.

Sounds easy enough but our team was hamstrung for the last two years with insane amounts of deadcap.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, Cdparr7 said:

There isn't much going on this time of the year so I figured I would post. There are going to be some interesting position battles this year. This is what I currently see as the final 53. (I know people will be upset I put Corral behind Walker but ya know "Temple" and such).

Nice writeup.

I think PJ will end up being stashed on the practice squad. He is on a vet min contract and would have made far more if the team felt like they needed to go the RFA route to keep him. It seems both he and the team understand his role.

I need a better layout to join. Im cutting Walker this year, a very slim chance any other team claims him. Hed be a super safe bet as a PS QB. After years of support, cutting Daley and my darkhorse LT posting too....Move Ricci back to TE. Id have to add 2 UDFAs as well(TE and LB?)... white chocolate needs to be on the team. I learned long ago, when it's down to the last ten or so pick the better STer. 

Panthers also did sooo well for the OL, that it looks like a couple trades, like panthers trade OL for picks/DL/edge. 

• Pie 1