• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Snyder might be ousted soon

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

If we were to rank the owners from top to bottom what are the grading guidelines? Winning, team culture, personal accountability, social justice/community activism, lawsuits pending, being a turd, etc 

These guys mean winning when they refer to how terrible an owner is. As all the Watson threads proved, most here only care about winning and could care less how terrible a person is if it lets their chosen team win.

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty telling that of all the awful things Snyder has done, withholding what essentially amounts to pennies on the dollar from the other owners will be the bridge too far.

All these folks care about is $$$.

I assume you are referring to the vague allegations of skimming from the gate cut that is given to the away team?

Was the allegation ever proven to be true?

57 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I assume you are referring to the vague allegations of skimming from the gate cut that is given to the away team?

Was the allegation ever proven to be true?

Come running to Snyder's defense!  Don't be so damn predictable... 🤦‍♂️

17 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

I have my doubts that 24 billionaires will out one of their own.   Considering more that one of them have storied past.  ( Irsay, Kraft to name a couple ).  

If they do,, GREAT,,  but I really have my doubts.

The only reason this is even "a thing" is because Snyder is failing while owning one of the largest market teams in the entire NFL.  So he is hurting all of the owner's indirectly, while having a more direct impact on guys like Jerry Jones.  The Bengals owner could be doing the same stuff...its just that nobody cares.

On 5/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, GOAT said:

bingo, minority coach band aid.

Snyder knows his back is against the ropes so he is willing to try anything to buy favor.  The name change never happens if all of this other stuff wasn't going down.  Then suddenly he appoints Tanya Snyder as "co-CEO," which was a female play.  Then he hires a minority president and minority general manager to go with the minority head coach.  I am rooting for the guys he hired, but I hope the league boots the Snyder's out of the league.  But what they will most likely do is compromise by moving Snyder out and Tanya into his place.  Which doesn't really accomplish the goal other than selling it to people who don't know any better.

Screenshot_20220524-040544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220524-040657_Chrome.jpg

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Snyder knows his back is against the ropes so he is willing to try anything to buy favor.  The name change never happens if all of this other stuff wasn't going down.  Then suddenly he appoints Tanya Snyder as "co-CEO," which was a female play.  Then he hires a minority president and minority general manager to go with the minority head coach.  I am rooting for the guys he hired, but I hope the league boots the Snyder's out of the league.  But what they will most likely do is compromise by moving Snyder out and Tanya into his place.  Which doesn't really accomplish the goal other than selling it to people who don't know any better.

Screenshot_20220524-040544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220524-040657_Chrome.jpg

Lol....if they do decide to jettison Dan Snyder they are not gonna take his fuging wife as the new owner. That is as big of a joke as her current title.

The team would likely be put up for sale, like the Panthers were. And at the end of the day Snyder's "penalty" will be being booted out with a metric fugload of cash, like Richardson was.

There will never be a day that this billionaires club will rob another billionaire of his rightful billions. That devalues NFL ownership and is a net negative for all of them.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well this would suck.

As a Panthers fan as long as he's there it's one less team between us and a championship. 

Plus he is one of the very few owners that is worse than Tepper. Shorter distance between us and the cellar if he leaves and they get competent ownership.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol....if they do decide to jettison Dan Snyder they are not gonna take his fuging wife as the new owner. That is as big of a joke as her current title.

I think its a dumb idea as well and I hope they get called out for it.  But as of right now its already in that direction.

On Tuesday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that the structure the league laid out in its punishment of the organization has been in place ever since and will stay also that way until otherwise indicated.

"Dan Snyder has not been involved in day-to-day operations; don't believe he's been at the facility at all," Goodell told reporters in a press conference at the NFL owner's meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. "Tanya has represented the team as the CEO, both on a day-to-day basis but also here with the league. She represented the club here and that will continue for at least the foreseeable future."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/roger-goodell-tanya-snyder-not-dan-will-continue-representing-commanders

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I think its a dumb idea as well and I hope they get called out for it.  But as of right now its already in that direction.

On Tuesday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that the structure the league laid out in its punishment of the organization has been in place ever since and will stay also that way until otherwise indicated.

"Dan Snyder has not been involved in day-to-day operations; don't believe he's been at the facility at all," Goodell told reporters in a press conference at the NFL owner's meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. "Tanya has represented the team as the CEO, both on a day-to-day basis but also here with the league. She represented the club here and that will continue for at least the foreseeable future."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/roger-goodell-tanya-snyder-not-dan-will-continue-representing-commanders

Then that basically means Snyder will still own the team. Her decisions will be his decisions. The only penalty is that he has to use her as a mouthpiece for what he wants done.

The difference is that the owners may decide to vote him out. I don't think that would be symbolic, if it happened. He would be out, his wife included.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I suspect if he gets booted by the other owners, it will be because his stealing from the league may be more than was being reported. I doubt that will sit well with the other owners. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Then that basically means Snyder will still own the team. Her decisions will be his decisions. The only penalty is that he has to use her as a mouthpiece for what he wants done.

The difference is that the owners may decide to vote him out. I don't think that would be symbolic, if it happened. He would be out, his wife included.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I suspect if he gets booted by the other owners, it will be because his stealing from the league may be more than was being reported. I doubt that will sit well with the other owners. 

I'm with you, I want both of them tossed out.  Leaving her in place would be a sham.  But its a sham I could see the league trying to do.  "Oh we got rid of that evil Daniel!  Now introducing Tanya!  Look, we have another female owner!  Isn't that great!"

I think Dan falls in the realm of useful idiot right now, as far as the league and other owner's are concerned.  He's so scared of getting kicked out he will do anything.  "Oh look, we just spent $100M on land to build a new stadium!" 

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm with you, I want both of them tossed out.  Leaving her in place would be a sham.  But its a sham I could see the league trying to do.  "Oh we got rid of that evil Daniel!  Now introducing Tanya!  Look, we have another female owner!  Isn't that great!"

I think Dan falls in the realm of useful idiot right now, as far as the league and other owner's are concerned.  He's so scared of getting kicked out he will do anything.  "Oh look, we just spent $100M on land to build a new stadium!" 

Yeah and his attempts to get a new stadium may end up being the price he has to pay, who knows? 

I know that I would be sad to see him go. It's been nice watching him completely deconstruct that team. Redskins support in NC is getting less and less by the season.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and his attempts to get a new stadium may end up being the price he has to pay, who knows? 

I know that I would be sad to see him go. It's been nice watching him completely deconstruct that team. Redskins support in NC is getting less and less by the season.

Its crazy how fast things changed.  I am in Virginia and in the late summer of 2019 I got a slurpee from 7/11.  It came with a Redskins commemorative cup.  The players featured on it were Josh Norman, Alex Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams, Jordan Reed and DJ Swearinger.  Fast forward about 6-8 months and the team wasn't even named the Redskins anymore, and the only players left were Alex Smith and Ryan Kerrigan.  Then at the end of the next season those guys were gone as well.  

So its an interesting cup to own since it has no relevance a short time after I bought it. LOL  Here is a random picture off the internet.  The one at the top right with al of the players on one cup is the one that came with my slurpee.

complete-set-washington-redskins_1_6c85b484e54ab797501b83d567ac0e8f.jpg