Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Alexander analyzes the upcoming season


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

 

Mayfield seems like the best, and most likely option over San Francisco’s Jimmy Garoppolo even if Panthers receiver Robbie Anderson isn’t thrilled with the idea of Mayfield coming to Charlotte.

 

...Does Robbie realize he is the Sam Darnold of wide receivers? Nobody gives a damn what you think....he acts like hes relevant. The day you are off this team is the day I uncork the Dom....

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

“Neither Kenny Pickett nor Malik Willis were under serious consideration”

And yet the huddle moaned for two months that Rhule would take him at 6 like it was even a question but rather a certainty 

Consider that the team is likely to claim they had Corral ranked higher than they actually did. Not uncommon. Hence why you should basically always ignore what a team "claims" they had a player ranked/rated. It's almost always BS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Consider that the team is likely to claim they had Corral ranked higher than they actually did. Not uncommon. Hence why you should basically always ignore what a team "claims" they had a player ranked/rated. It's almost always BS.

But not always...

We had indications of this before the draft as well. And it fits in with McAdoo's MO.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe this narrative is still being pushed. I want nothing to do with Baker or California G.  

It rhey want a true veteran presence,  then sign Foles. At least he won't embarrass himself and he knows he wouldn't be coming here to be a long term answer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I can't believe this narrative is still being pushed. I want nothing to do with Baker or California G.  

It rhey want a true veteran presence,  then sign Foles. At least he won't embarrass himself and he knows he wouldn't be coming here to be a long term answer. 

Foles just signed with the Colts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

But not always...

We had indications of this before the draft as well. And it fits in with McAdoo's MO.

Not always but I take what they say with a grain of salt. Hard to know what is attempting to control the narrative and what is actual fact.

Also not sure how much input McAdoo has in our draft board. Then again, Phil Snow was largely responsible for Sam Darnold, so who knows what random voice causes a decision in our organization these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Not always but I take what they say with a grain of salt. Hard to know what is attempting to control the narrative and what is actual fact.

Also not sure how much input McAdoo has in our draft board. Then again, Phil Snow was largely responsible for Sam Darnold, so who knows what random voice causes a decision in our organization these days.

Not exactly true. All Snow did was give a comment on Darnold when watching film. He did not advocate for signing Darnold.  Rhule took that and ran with it. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Not exactly true. All Snow did was give a comment on Darnold when watching film. He did not advocate for signing Darnold.  Rhule took that and ran with it. 

Yeah but that ties back into exactly what I am saying. All it took was Snow telling Rhule that he looked like Stafford and it was off to the races. 

So will McAdoo have that kind of influence on Rhule or will it just be whatever person talked to him last? It seems like with the commenta Rhule has made that he isn't exactly an expert on prospect evaluation. So it's going to come down to those around him that he listens to. Obviously, last time it was Phil Snow. Who was it this past time? McAdoo? Fitterer? Some homeless guy that showed him some YouTube videos?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Not always but I take what they say with a grain of salt. Hard to know what is attempting to control the narrative and what is actual fact.

Ellis, Verge and others had Corral as our number one QB prior to the draft.

I know there's narrative manipulation and all, but this is one I'm buying.

Hell, they'd have to have been fortune tellers to see how this played out.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...