• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker sitting out Cleveland OTA’s

ncfan

2 hours ago, CRA said:

pretty predictable.  Not a huge Baker fan but whatelse is he really suppose to do.  They replaced him.   No point risking injury or wasting your time w/ Clev at this point. 

Not even that man, but he helped bring juice to a franchise that was literally the laughingstock of the league.  No other QB from that draft imo would’ve succeeded in Cleveland. BAL did a great job with Lamar and Josh Allen needed a lot of development, then there’s Darnold and Rosen.  Then they tossed him aside for a sexual predator saying they “needed an adult.”  Just weird poo all around.  I don’t blame him in the slightest 

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Good. I'm not a fan and don't want him here, but Cleveland is being dumb with him and really messing him up. They won't cut him lose because 1) they owe him too much money and 2) they don't know if the guy the tossed him to the side for is even going to be able to play so they are hoping that if Watson won't play that Baker will step up. If I'm Baker, I'm telling them to f*ck off. Cut me or whatever, just get me the f*ck out of here.

The longer he stays there, the less of a chance he's going to have to make an impact somewhere else. For him to have a chance at a starting job, he's going to have to prove himself in OTAs and training camp. He's got to have time to learn and then show what he can do. If he's stuck waiting in the wings in Cleveland, he'll never get that chance or at least a fair opportunity. And let's face it, Cleveland is a sucky place to get stuck.

If I'm Mayfield I'm turning up every day.

If they force me to sit out drills, so be it - but I wouldn't want to forgo any pay cheque because they've sold the farm for Watson.

Avoiding the facility just makes it easier for them - and actually hurts you keeping in game shape (+ if you get hurt working out away from the facility you're not covered).

15 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

It makes sense but he could approach it differently by proving the perception of him wrong. Act like a team player and someone might want him.

I'm pretty sure whatever personality or behavior things he may have are like 4th or 5th on the list of why he hasn't been traded. I promise you if his tape looked like Aaron Rodgers, he'd be on just about whatever team he wanted, Cleveland would have a haul, and his new team's fan base probably wouldn't even complain too much about his dumbass commercials.

• Beer 1

I really liked Berry as a GM candidate but he has been messing up epically this year. I 100% agree on moving on from Baker regardless for them but everything they have done at QB looks like moves they will regret. Once the Watson thing implodes it's going to get much uglier up there.

I don't want Baker at all. Just a better Sam with a much worse personality. We already have a lack of positive culture, digging deeper won't end well for us. Just play Corral, Baker is already known for not being good enough in the NFL.

Edited by Waldo

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If they force me to sit out drills, so be it - but I wouldn't want to forgo any pay cheque because they've sold the farm for Watson.

Avoiding the facility just makes it easier for them - and actually hurts you keeping in game shape (+ if you get hurt working out away from the facility you're not covered).

The paycheck thing won't come into play until camp begins. He'd be crazy to sit out at that point. He doesn't know when or if he's ever going to get 19 mil per year again.

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

It makes sense but he could approach it differently by proving the perception of him wrong. Act like a team player and someone might want him.

He'll get 18 million to practice

...somebody just banged ur girl friend...you gonna go to dinner with the both of them? 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

I wonder if part of their reluctancy is they are just afraid to cut him.....and the Steelers pick him up.  And then Baker wrecks them in 2022 minus Watson.  That's some short term hard egg on your face. 

Lol especially if it was Baker.... beating the guy they sold the farm for. Wow, that would be rough. It also wouldn't be surprising if that happened to the Browns 

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

How does it make it easier for the Browns if Baker doesn't show up? And Baker is still getting paid. There might be a win win if he shows up, might be, but it's more of a win for them. I'd be more tempted to sit out and collect a check than let them think they can string me along. They are keeping him around for security. I'd want to do what I could to kick them in the nads. The longer this strings out, the less he's going to get paid.

6 hours ago, CRA said:

pretty predictable.  Not a huge Baker fan but whatelse is he really suppose to do.  They replaced him.   No point risking injury or wasting your time w/ Clev at this point. 

Even in practice he can get hurt. Didn't he get hurt and keep playing when he shouldn't have last year? What good did it do him?