• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker sitting out Cleveland OTA’s

ncfan

Maybe Cleveland is following the Titans playbook from 2006 with McNair. I don't know if the rules have changed where this wouldn't be possible. They don't want damaged goods?

The Titans stopped McNair from working out at team headquarters April 3 because they feared being liable for his $23.46 million salary cap number if he got hurt on their property.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2006-06-01-0606010221-story.html

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

How does it make it easier for the Browns if Baker doesn't show up? And Baker is still getting paid. There might be a win win if he shows up, might be, but it's more of a win for them. I'd be more tempted to sit out and collect a check than let them think they can string me along. They are keeping him around for security. I'd want to do what I could to kick them in the nads. The longer this strings out, the less he's going to get paid.

Baker is a distraction. He's disgruntled, rightly or wrongly. The players probably don't even want him around. The FO has to consider all of that.  I'lt's even been suggested on ESPN that they tell him to stay home. If that happens, it's easy money. It's probably easy money anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I still think an even trade for Sam works.

Why?  Whats the point?  Say he comes in and wins 6-8 games, what then?  It would be a totally wasted season starting him. 

Just pray Corral can grasp the offense and start him come hell or high water.  This is going to be (another) poo season no matter how you slice it.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

His wife posted a pic on social media that apparently showed a well known Washington state landmark in the background.

Guess another clue will come if his next commercial shows him in a different stadium.

Does the USFL have stadiums?

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Baker is a distraction. He's disgruntled, rightly or wrongly. The players probably don't even want him around. The FO has to consider all of that.  I'lt's even been suggested on ESPN that they tell him to stay home. If that happens, it's easy money. It's probably easy money anyway.

Everyone knows what the deal is. the fact that they are keeping him around hoping miraculously for some trade eventually is a futile effort. any teams that would be interested know it's only a matter of time. cleveland is banking on some team having a catastrophic injury to their QB to make a trade. it's a gamble that likely won't pay off. i understand they don't want to lose money on baker, but they are already losing money and they'll keep bleeding it. cleveland is also trying to insure themselves against a watson suspension but that's a gamble that won't likely pay off either because if baker isn't practicing for them, he isn't playing for them. he owes them nothing and there's very little benefit to him stepping up. they don't want him there. he doesn't want to be there. they don't want him to play for them and he doesn't want to play for them. why would you want that for your team?

Just now, rayzor said:

Everyone knows what the deal is. the fact that they are keeping him around hoping miraculously for some trade eventually is a futile effort. any teams that would be interested know it's only a matter of time. cleveland is banking on some team having a catastrophic injury to their QB to make a trade. it's a gamble that likely won't pay off. i understand they don't want to lose money on baker, but they are already losing money and they'll keep bleeding it. cleveland is also trying to insure themselves against a watson suspension but that's a gamble that won't likely pay off either because if baker isn't practicing for them, he isn't playing for them. he owes them nothing and there's very little benefit to him stepping up. they don't want him there. he doesn't want to be there. they don't want him to play for them and he doesn't want to play for them. why would you want that for your team?

The Browns are probably waiting on the round of injuries in mini camp and/or training camp when a team may get desperate if their qb goes down

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

100% but they have no other options

they're giving themselves no other options. they've dug themselves in a hole and they're stuck in it. they can get themselves out, but it's going to cost them one way or the other. they are hoping for an outcome that just won't take place.

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Not if they take Sam. She is right

That is legitimately a dream scenario. If we could jettison Darnold for Baker Mayfield, that would be amazing.

You get a better QB on just a cheap one year deal and if he doesn't pan out, just move on to the next guy in 2023. 

I'd rather watch a gamble on Baker Mayfield than one more snap of Sam Darnold.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why?  Whats the point?  Say he comes in and wins 6-8 games, what then?  It would be a totally wasted season starting him. 

Just pray Corral can grasp the offense and start him come hell or high water.  This is going to be (another) poo season no matter how you slice it.

These guys don't just lose because they're supposed to. They're going to try and improve their situation. Baker is on the outs in Cleveland. Sam is on the outs with at least the fan base here. Trade straight across and be done. I want Darnold no where near Corral, but I don't expect Corral to be the next Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott. He could be, I just don't expect that out of the gate.