• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTAs back on today

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

he's earned it. he's just not cut out for the pressure.

Oh come on. Making any type of definitive statement, over 2 15sec clips?

I mean, Sam dropped a ball as he was playing with it. And somehow it has turned into all this? I would hazzard a guess that Sam is not the first QB to mishandle a football while playing around. 

There is enough evidence of Sam's inadequacies. There is no reason to fabricate negativity, out of nothing,

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Rhule still coddling the 5th year pro. I saw no edge in those practice clips

What does that ever mean? What the hell is “edge” and how does it pertain to him actually playing like a 3rd overall pick? 
All I care about is him playing better, being edgey does nothing. 
The competition is great. Still don’t think he has it and 4 bag years seems to prove it. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What does that ever mean? What the hell is “edge” and how does it pertain to him actually playing like a 3rd overall pick? 
The competition is great. Still don’t think he has it and 4 bag years seems to prove it. 

He's been rumored to have a very Southern Cali type of personality, maybe he is trying to change that a bit to up his "leadership".

Who knows, but he's always seemed to me to have a "water off a ducks back" kinda attitude.

There has been lots of talk about Corral and the RPO which focuses on limiting progressions to just a couple of reads and how Corral might struggle to get through reads in a more Pro style offense. I think limiting reads might actually benefit Sam too though. Make the primary read, then search for the check-down, if its not there run or toss the ball away. 

Simple progressions might help Darnold and Corral both run this offense. That said you want a guy who can do it all and isn't limited especially if the OL is allowing time to make all the reads and progressions.

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh come on. Making any type of definitive statement, over 2 15sec clips?

I mean, Sam dropped a ball as he was playing with it. And somehow it has turned into all this? I would hazzard a guess that Sam is not the first QB to mishandle a football while playing around. 

There is enough evidence of Sam's inadequacies. There is no reason to fabricate negativity, out of nothing,

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. There's no reason to give it to him. Until he proves otherwise, he's inept. Every goof and blunder is only going to solidify that opinion from most people. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

He's been rumored to have a very Southern Cali type of personality, maybe he is trying to change that a bit to up his "leadership".

Who knows, but he's always seemed to me to have a "water off a ducks back" kinda attitude.

I mean him changing anything is better than nothing I guess. 

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah bringing in QB competition because he sucked last year isn't exactly a type of adversity, it's just cause and effect.

• Pie 2

Sam Darnold said he is "confident" that he "can be one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Darnold has to have this mentality, but at this point, he might not be the best quarterback on a depth chart that consists of a rookie who fell to the third round and a couple of backups. Darnold acknowledged he needs to improve his footwork to reach his goal, saying his feet were "loose" and "chaotic" at times last season. With the Panthers seemingly ready to move on, Darnold will have to come out of the gates hot to keep his starting job. 

• Beer 1