• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Expectations for 4th-7th Rounders

kungfoodude

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. It literally makes zero sense what we did at the end of last season. It was just another in a long list of strikes against this coaching staff.

Keep in mind we had fired the OC midseason last year. I can imagine, behind the scenes, it was a cluster on the offensive side after that.

• Pie 1

I got a bad habit of overall rating the 4-7 groups. I got it in better control than the days of Gary Barnidge aka cover-2 killer(was for browns tho..). I also thought mike goodsen was going to be Kevin Faulk-clone. 

Thought David gettis was going to be a solid #2....

i was right about greg hardy.......didnt know his crazy side came with a side of off-field..

Joe adams would fill all KR/PR duties.....nope

I liked Andre Smith as a 7th steal, at least he got the panthers a 7th in return

Liked Daley, Krob in their years.

LOVED all the 2021 4-7 groups minus the long safety, still got high hopes for them.  

Liked the high RAS 4-7 guys from this year as well.

The deal is youre looking for depth here and the once a while surprise starter. They are young cheap labor to be rude. I always target DBs and OL in these rounds, 4th round TE has a huge hit rate as well. I forgot the poster, but he had a great break down of the success rate with positions 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I got a bad habit of overall rating the 4-7 groups. I got it in better control than the days of Gary Barnidge aka cover-2 killer(was for browns tho..). I also thought mike goodsen was going to be Kevin Faulk-clone. 

Thought David gettis was going to be a solid #2....

i was right about greg hardy.......didnt know his crazy side came with a side of off-field..

Joe adams would fill all KR/PR duties.....nope

I liked Andre Smith as a 7th steal, at least he got the panthers a 7th in return

Liked Daley, Krob in their years.

LOVED all the 2021 4-7 groups minus the long safety, still got high hopes for them.  

Liked the high RAS 4-7 guys from this year as well.

The deal is youre looking for depth here and the once a while surprise starter. They are young cheap labor to be rude. I always target DBs and OL in these rounds, 4th round TE has a huge hit rate as well. I forgot the poster, but he had a great break down of the success rate with positions 

It's easy to see a high upside guy in that range and get excited about potential. But, unless it is injury or background red flags that cause them to drop, there are usually a laundry list of reasons and most of them tend to be right. 

It just is what it is.

If you have a bunch of later round guys starting on your team you might had a great draft or you might be devoid of talent. If our late rounders can contribute and be backups or special teamers we did great. After all starting rookies at all is not desirable because it means you don't have a better vet and are hoping the rookie picks things up quickly. But it is inevitable you start guys like Ickey as soon as possible. Obviously Corral is the next great hope and after that anything we get is a bonus. We dodnt have many picks to begin with.

• Beer 2

41 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If you have a bunch of later round guys starting on your team you might had a great draft or you might be devoid of talent. If our late rounders can contribute and be backups or special teamers we did great. After all starting rookies at all is not desirable because it means you don't have a better vet and are hoping the rookie picks things up quickly. But it is inevitable you start guys like Ickey as soon as possible. Obviously Corral is the next great hope and after that anything we get is a bonus. We dodnt have many picks to begin with.

Yeah and when Rhule was getting a lot of credit in 2020 for playing all those rookies, well....he didn't have very much of a choice at the time. It wasn't a bold move it was just the reality of the roster.

If you get one good, quality backup player from your 4-7th rounder per year, that is doing pretty damn good. Anything beyond that is great.

So let me see if I have this straight. For eons, football fans have picked a guy from the bottom of the roster to root for. Every time he makes a play, they get excited, they can dream of him making the team. It is a time honored tradition.

Now you come along and want to tells us to stop. All because of some numbers? Numbers that almost every football fan already knows. That's a whole lot of hubris right there.

I bet you tell kids there is no Santa, or Easter Bunny as well.

The Cult of Negatvity don't want you to be excited folks. Their mission is to sap every ounce of optimism from the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So let me see if I have this straight. For eons, football fans have picked a guy from the bottom of the roster to root for. Every time he makes a play, they get excited, they can dream of him making the team. It is a time honored tradition.

Now you come along and want to tells us to stop. All because of some numbers? Numbers that almost every football fan already knows. That's a whole lot of hubris right there.

I bet you tell kids there is no Santa, or Easter Bunny as well.

The Cult of Negatvity don't want you to be excited folks. Their mission is to sap every ounce of optimism from the fanbase.

Honestly man, you might wanna just take a break. Any opinion that isn't glowingly positive really triggers you. A forum for open discussion of football just isn't a good fit for you. You'd be a lot happier simply reading fluff prices for the Panthers' media team.

That truly not meant to be a shot at you in any way. It's just an honest attempt to give you some decent advice. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly man, you might wanna just take a break. Any opinion that isn't glowingly positive really triggers you. A forum for open discussion of football just isn't a good fit for you. You'd be a lot happier simply reading fluff prices for the Panthers' media team.

That truly not meant to be a shot at you in any way. It's just an honest attempt to give you some decent advice. 

Asking folks to take responsibility for their actions is taboo around here. 

You can say anything negative around here, and it is shrugged off as fine. You say something to the negativity, and you get called into HR. This place...

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems to be impacting your mental health. Take a break, man. 

lol Sure dude, when you do. 

I enjoy my time here. I love how the Cult of Negativity has a problem with me. 

I'm a happy guy, that loves watching folks fall all over themselves telling me how I should act. lol

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

lol Sure dude, when you do. 

I enjoy my time here. I love how the Cult of Negativity has a problem with me. 

I'm a happy guy, that loves watching folks fall all over themselves telling me how I should act. lol

No one is buying it that as you continually embark on your one man crusade against any differing opinion.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one is buying it that as you continually embark on your one man crusade against any differing opinion.

See, that's the deal you negative types don't get. I'm not alone. 

Then how come my opinion is being censored? Because I'm not negative, my opinion means less? Seems right for this place right now.

Then how come my opinion is being censored? Because I'm not negative, my opinion means less? Seems right for this place right now.

It's more the fact that you believe you have to call out and insult every person whose opinions don't fully align with your delusions.

• Beer 1

Where is your opinion being censored?

I just don't think you're honest with yourself about your conduct here. Every post you make is seeking a fight and in those fights, yeah... you're alone. It's not a "cult of negativity". It's people seeing that your only purpose here is to seek out personal spats with anyone with an opinion that differs from your own.

It's not healthy, man. And you're getting worse.

• Beer 1