• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official pick your rookie sleeper thread.

Zod

There is one player who has had a tremendous start to his opportunity with the team and that's undrafted free agent linebacker Arron Mosby who played his college ball at Fresno State. 

"We had him on our draft board and we evaluated him a lot," head coach Matt Rhule said earlier in the week. "Thought maybe as an edge player, stand up SAM who could maybe rush the passer. Then he got here and he was a former safety. So in rookie minicamp, we noticed right away that he's light on his feet, can play middle linebacker as well. So, to me, he's a guy that's got a chance. We're going to play him at linebacker, play him at SAM, play him on the ball, we'll move him around. He's got an urgency to him that you like and has a natural feel for football, a natural instinct for football and he's a worker. Mosby is a guy that really flashed in rookie minicamp and has continued to do so."

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/rhule-is-high-on-udfa-lb-arron-mosby-hes-a-guy-thats-got-a-chance

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

There is one player who has had a tremendous start to his opportunity with the team and that's undrafted free agent linebacker Arron Mosby who played his college ball at Fresno State. 

"We had him on our draft board and we evaluated him a lot," head coach Matt Rhule said earlier in the week. "Thought maybe as an edge player, stand up SAM who could maybe rush the passer. Then he got here and he was a former safety. So in rookie minicamp, we noticed right away that he's light on his feet, can play middle linebacker as well. So, to me, he's a guy that's got a chance. We're going to play him at linebacker, play him at SAM, play him on the ball, we'll move him around. He's got an urgency to him that you like and has a natural feel for football, a natural instinct for football and he's a worker. Mosby is a guy that really flashed in rookie minicamp and has continued to do so."

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/rhule-is-high-on-udfa-lb-arron-mosby-hes-a-guy-thats-got-a-chance

Mosby and Babicz are my 2 UDFA choices to make the team.

31 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Hopefully works out as ILB, we've got enough undersized DE's

• Beer 2

came here to say Arron Mosby. when the UDFAs were signed I went hunting as many highlights as I could, and he stood out as someone with some urgency to his game. kind of a Luvu type impact. I think he could stick, maybe get in some decent defensive snaps towards the end of the season.

Matt Corral

I think he sees the field this year.  Not because Rhule wants to go that route…..but I just feel too many have forgotten where we were right before we brought Cam in.  Sam will continue to be Sam.  Rhule will continue to be Rhule.    And if they are….BOA will react as they did last year after a couple weeks. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Corral

I think he sees the field this year.  Not because Rhule wants to go that route…..but I just feel too many have forgotten where we were right before we brought Cam in.  Sam will continue to be Sam.  Rhule will continue to be Rhule.    And if they are….BOA will react as they did last year after a couple weeks. 

Yeah, I don't think he's going to be able to stick with Darnold no matter what. The good thing is that I don't think he has any real desire to.

If I had to place a bet on our most likely starting QB this coming season, my money might be on Baker Mayfield. I don't think we're done snooping around these vets just yet.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, chknwing said:

cade mays will surprise people

Yea after a couple offseasons. He REALLY needs to get stronger. 

Been telling people to go back to those Senior Bowl 1 on 1 reps. My guy was on skates almost every snap. 

His versatility will come in handy though. He just needs quite a bit more strength out the gate.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I don't think he's going to be able to stick with Darnold no matter what. The good thing is that I don't think he has any real desire to.

If I had to place a bet on our most likely starting QB this coming season, my money might be on Baker Mayfield. I don't think we're done snooping around these vets just yet.

Yeah, I think Rhule wants Baker.  Think his hands are tied on what he can do to acquire him.  But if he is cut we make a move.   Just depends who else would make a run at him if a FA.