• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Maybe…. not having Freddie was a huge piece. Remember though we still an away game is just could not score whatsoever. Some of those home games we want to two to one.  Patches in Burns are going to help take the pressure off 37 and 20. Yes I know Burns plays defense but he should be able to score. And let’s not forget Jarvis is going into your two and will definitely be better. That’s honestly my player I pick to break out. 

We lost several games on the road were we scored 2-3 goals.... If he's healthy we make at least the CF.... hands down.

Jarvis doesn't strike me as the type to have a sophomore slump... too skilled too driven. 

Burns brings back the Cannon shot from the point and in our system is probably good for 65+ points and 15 goals.... the guys an Ironman.

Patches is the go too scorer everyone wanted.

I know you were on the Raanta bandwagon hard but his horrible road play and soft goals in clutch moments killed us.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We lost several games on the road were we scored 2-3 goals.... If he's healthy we make at least the CF.... hands down.

Jarvis doesn't strike me as the type to have a sophomore slump... too skilled too driven. 

Burns brings back the Cannon shot from the point and in our system is probably good for 65+ points and 15 goals.... the guys an Ironman.

Patches is the go too scorer everyone wanted.

I know you were on the Raanta bandwagon hard but his horrible road play and soft goals in clutch moments killed us.

Yep. Hindsight is obviously 2020. I thought with past sports experience you ride the hot hand. I was wrong with how Raanta completely imploded. I thought they would bringing Koochie to replace raanta but I don’t think that’s going to be the case this year.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Yep. Hindsight is obviously 2020. I thought with past sports experience you ride the hot hand. I was wrong with how Raanta completely imploded. I thought they would bringing Koochie to replace raanta but I don’t think that’s going to be the case this year.  

Kochetkov is still the goalie of the future, even with what happened he played extremely well for a guy who didn't speak enough English to communicate with his defenseman.... He was playing purely reactionary. 

I had a stomach wrenching feeling Raanta would cost us if Freddie didn't return, ever since the early season Blackhawks game he scared the f out of me.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Blackhawks officialy taking offers for Kane.... Bet you the Canes at least male one.... Honestly probably would include Necas (sign and trade) and Garnier.

I would fuging be so happy. My favorite player on my favorite team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Would you do it?  Seems like Kane would give us a borderline super team. 

It would be a rental and would hurt if Necas becomes what I think he can..... That said.... In a second. Immediately would give the Canes firepower equality with teams like the Oilers/Avs/Leafs/Lightning.

17 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I would fuging be so happy. My favorite player on my favorite team. 

One of my all time favorites as well, I haven't seen a link that we are interested but given we've kicked the wheels and made serious offers on several other superstars it's hard to believe the Canes won't make an offer.... The offseason we have had is very clearly an all in for a title one.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

It would take a poo-ton of cap work to get Kane. As much as I like the guy, I'm not sure how much he's coming off the $10.5M he made last season, regardless how much Chicago is willing to absorb.

I did read an article just recently that says Waddell has been given the greenlight to spend and go after people because Dondon wants to win right now. I could see it happening. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I did read an article just recently that says Waddell has been given the greenlight to spend and go after people because Dondon wants to win right now. I could see it happening. 

We've had serious offers In for several other game changers, I imagine Chicago will eat 50% of the hit it just depends on what you throw at them he's a rental on the last year of his deal.

• Pie 1