• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rumors that TDA could be on the move today.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

TDA to the Flyers mentioned as a possibility.

Will not be happy if the Canes let him go. They will pay dearly trying to find a d-man to replace him. Not to mention the intangibles, like how he managed to get teammates playing grittier last season.

4 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Sounds like TonyD wanted more than the Canes were willing to pay.

Realistically, he played on a 1-year, $1M deal, but he played like a $6M D-man and quickly made most Canes fans forget who Dougie Hamilton was.

If he goes to Philly, it's not necessarily because of the money, but that he gets to go home, where he's got a pretty good-sized charity he's very involved with.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

TDA +7th to Philly confirmed. 

Canes get 2, 3, and 4 spread out over next 3 years. 

Sh!t.

The Canes have 3 D-men on their roster right now. Assuming they bring Chatfield up, that's 4. Gonna bring back Ethan Bear or try to resign the old guys Ian Cole or Brendan Smith?

Regardless, the Canes now have a defense issue on top of their need to replace a couple wingers and get a scorer.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Sh!t.

The Canes have 3 D-men on their roster right now. Assuming they bring Chatfield up, that's 4. Gonna bring back Ethan Bear or try to resign the old guys Ian Cole or Brendan Smith?

Regardless, the Canes now have a defense issue on top of their need to replace a couple wingers and get a scorer.

We are screwed if we don't make major moves. I'm guessing the FO is just happy making the playoffs and flaming out because we are well on our way in doing that. 

On 7/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I loved TDA but as I say every off season don't get attached to NHL players unless they are on an 8+ year and have a NTC.

I'm just not happy we didn't replace him with another player. Draft picks are for the future and we should be in win now mode.