• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

By turds you mean people without your unrealistically positive attitude. Grow up. 

I hope you have a great day!  Maybe someone will buy you a Starbucks in front of you in line or maybe someone buys you a beer. Maybe your girlfriend…..nah…women don’t like sorry attitudes. However, anytime you want a free tank of gas, ill help you out.  

@TrevorLaurenceTime22 What do you say a few weeks ago. Dude is thirsty for it 🤣

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

By turds you mean people without your unrealistically positive attitude. Grow up. 

Buddy…Matt. I’m going to level with you for a minute. I’m going to be real.  When you have a wife leave you because of health reasons, when you lost friends and family to Covid, when you continue to battle health issues, when all sports…my largest escape paused for Covid…by you I mean me..I’m not looking for sympathy btw..  hell yeah I’m positive about life. I choose to live my life glass half full because when you lose it all, you will never take advantage of what you had ever again. Guess what bud..life ain’t fair it knocks you down and you lose more than you win. However I choose to look at the world half full because that’s what gets me through each day. Hell yeah I’m positive…sure I get pissed off during games but that’s what sports does. If you have an issue with me being happy all the time because I choose to, because my life has been a rough son of a bitch and I won’t let it beat me down ….that’s on you my man. Yes there’s turds around here there’s turds everywhere but I find those people would be miserable assholes which I refuse to be.  Happy to have our canes. Happy to have the Panthers even though they suck.  You don’t like it. Fine. But if you sit around and be miserable all the time all it’s gonna do is eat you alive and you’re going to end up hating everyone and everyone’s going to end up hating you. And that’s no way to live.  

I know I’m new here but posters like @TrevorLaurenceTime22 @Stumpy @Harbingers @Anybodyhome  @MillionDollarCamand others..sorry if I missed you… have made that canes run fun.   

We will be back this fall. Let’s go Canes!

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Apparently Necas mentioned to Rod that he wants to move back to center which I’m honestly for.

If Necas did move back to center then this is what the current roster would look like:

??? - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Necas (RFA) - Teravainen (moves back to his natural side)

Kotkaniemi - Staal - Fast

Lorentz (RFA) - Drury - Martinook

Rees

Slavin - DeAngelo (RFA)

Skjei - Pesce

Gardiner - Bear (RFA) 

Chatfield

Andersen

Raanta

Obviously some of these guys are RFA’s but I elected to keep them on the roster until the Canes make a decision on them. I also bumped up Drury, Chatfield, and Rees as I believe those would be the most likely candidates to be elevated. Joey Keane also has a shot but I think Chatfield will get first dibs.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

12 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Apparently Necas mentioned to Rod that he wants to move back to center which I’m honestly for.

If Necas did move back to center then this is what the current roster would look like:

??? - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Necas (RFA) - Teravainen (moves back to his natural side)

Kotkaniemi - Staal - Fast

Lorentz (RFA) - Drury - Martinook

Rees

If the Canes decided to make this move, it would mean letting both Trocheck and Domi walk. Although Trocheck I think will get a nice payday elsewhere regardless, Domi is a better C then a winger. This could either backfire big time or make a very nice #2 line.

It also means the Canes would have a little wiggle room to sign a FA winger, which is a little cheaper than a center. The Canes projected cap space today is a little over $19k.

41 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If the Canes decided to make this move, it would mean letting both Trocheck and Domi walk. Although Trocheck I think will get a nice payday elsewhere regardless, Domi is a better C then a winger. This could either backfire big time or make a very nice #2 line.

It also means the Canes would have a little wiggle room to sign a FA winger, which is a little cheaper than a center. The Canes projected cap space today is a little over $19k.

$19M right? And I think they can add like maybe $1.5M to it if they buy out Gardiner (who apparently is now healthy).

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

$19M right? And I think they can add like maybe $1.5M to it if they buy out Gardiner (who apparently is now healthy).

I'd bet they don't make a decision on Gardiner until they figure out TDA, Bear, Cole and Smith. They get TDA and Bear signed, they can afford to buy out Gardiner and pick up a couple blue liners to fill out the roster. Cole and Smith are both 33 and will not likely be back.

I went back and looked at the last 4 years of playoffs. Minus penalties…taking that out…there were 2 massive common denominators. 

1.  Bad goalie play. In the series we got knocked out, our goalies minus a couple games were bad. Very bad. Peter, Peter, Peter/Ned, Raanta. All had bad choke jobs in the series they got knocked out. 

2. They couldn’t score. Legit couldn’t put the puck in the net. Nots of 1-2 goal games while the other team had 4 plus. 

we need a goalie. Is it Freddie or Koochie?  That is the defacto number 1 need. Elite goaltender makes up for everything. 

we need either our stars Aho Svech or Jarvis to step up along with adding a pure goal scorer to the team. We can’t have enough people that can score. 

if we had those 2, we would have at least 1 cup under Rod. Until those 2 get fixed..or improve.. same song and dance each year. 

my 2 cents..

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I went back and looked at the last 4 years of playoffs. Minus penalties…taking that out…there were 2 massive common denominators. 

1.  Bad goalie play. In the series we got knocked out, our goalies minus a couple games were bad. Very bad. Peter, Peter, Peter/Ned, Raanta. All had bad choke jobs in the series they got knocked out. 

2. They couldn’t score. Legit couldn’t put the puck in the net. Nots of 1-2 goal games while the other team had 4 plus. 

we need a goalie. Is it Freddie or Koochie?  That is the defacto number 1 need. Elite goaltender makes up for everything. 

we need either our stars Aho Svech or Jarvis to step up along with adding a pure goal scorer to the team. We can’t have enough people that can score. 

if we had those 2, we would have at least 1 cup under Rod. Until those 2 get fixed..or improve.. same song and dance each year. 

my 2 cents..

Jarvis coming into his own, frankly he needs his own line, should fix the scoring issue. That kid is lit and when he grows up a little, oh yes. 

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Imagine a team with Aho Jarvis and Svech on their own lines and we score early and often. 

We should have had 13 more goals Vs the rangers… just for perspective. That’s how many posts they hit and half of those were Aho. 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

We should have had 13 more goals Vs the rangers… just for perspective. That’s how many posts they hit and half of those were Aho. 

Unfortunately those goal posts don’t count. Fact of the matter, 4 years of poor goalie play in critical spots and massive scoring droughts. We need better goalie play number 1. Number 2, scoring HAS to pickup. You are correct, Jarvis could be that guy. Hearing him talk about Rod online makes me believe he is 100% and ready to get better. He gets better, that takes the pressure off AHO and Svech. 

• 4 weeks later...