• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

14 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Welp, are we even going to make the playoffs next year lol

The Canes have made (or not made) more moves to make the team worse than they have to make it better.

1. Let Vinny Tro walk for less than $1M per year than he was making here.

2. Traded TDA (26 years old) and replaced him with a 37 year old with a bigger contract than TDA got in Philly.

3. Your centers: Aho, Jordo, Jesperi and some guy named Lane Pederson?

4. There are but 5 blueliners on the roster. (Slavin, Burns, Pesce, Skjei and Chatfield)

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

OK real talk with Burns Dylan and Max along with Drury and Chatfield coming up, possibly Coochie did we get better today?

I just keep thinking of our missing goal scorers in the playoffs and cant help but to think not. More likely just even. We need a couple more. 

• Pie 1

I’m gonna be honest, I’m worried about our 2C. I think KK is a 3C that has to play 4C because of Staal but I’m not sure he’s a 2C.

I’d personally ship Necas and Bear out for a 2C, add picks and prospects if needed, I’d also buyout Gardiner, and I’d also bring back Nino.

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Paccioretty - Trade - Teravainen

Niederreiter - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury - Kase

Martinook

Call Up’s - Noesen, Pederson

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - Coghlan

Keane

Call Up’s - Lajoie

Andersen

Raanta

Call Up’s - Kochetkov

OK I had a brain fart. I thought this was a different Burns they signed. The burns from the sharks is literally Hamilton and Tony D’Angelo combined in one except he has actual star power. This dude is a fuging stud.  If he plays along with Slavin our defense is much better. Plus this guy is excellent for our locker room which was already good.  

Burns and Patches are they type of guys this team was missing. We don’t poo the bed every road game this past postseason with those two on the ice.

Losing Vinny and TDA sucks, but if these new guys can stay healthy and age doesn’t catch up with Burns, we will be a better team both physically and more importantly, mentally.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That has got to mean we are basically done though unless we trade. 

Another move will have to be made because we can’t fit Necas in as is. Though in reality, I’m not even really sure where Necas fits.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Patches - KK - Teravainen

? - Staal - Fast

Marty - Drury - Kase

Noesen

Pederson

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Gardiner - Coghlan

Chatfield

Keane

Andersen

Raanta

Kochetkov

I think we could see both Bear and Necas traded for picks and prospects and then the Canes could use their remaining cap space to bring back Nino or sign someone like Palat.

• Pie 1