• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Bright side is the potential to LTIR him get Kane and potentially have him for the playoffs.....The announcement was closely worded it didn't say he tore his achilles today, Just that he was having surgery, it kind of implies it was at least a partial tear when he was acquired (and our push to stack the team in a Tampa esque manner make more sense....  I don't think we try Khadri but I do see us offering a good package for Kane.

If we can get a big fish like Kane then I’d LTIR him and don’t bring him back til the playoffs when we can get away with all that salary on the roster.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

If we can get a big fish like Kane then I’d LTIR him and don’t bring him back til the playoffs when we can get away with all that salary on the roster.

That's my thoughts exactly six months is optimistic (depending on the grade of the tear) but this could very well have been something the Canes knew about and anticipated.... Get Kane.... and Patches back for the playoffs in 8 months..... Yeah..... One way or anther the have given the go all offseason of all in, we will swipe Kane, IMO and have come playoffs have what was our Bain become a major strength with two big time scorers.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Honestly not the worst thing that could happen if they replace him.

Just imagine in the playoffs.

Svech - Aho - Turbo

Patches - KK - Kane

Kase - Necas - Jarvis

Drury - Staal - Fast

Marty

They’d go 16-0

I'd honestly say it sets us up for a perfect playoffs scenario, if we can swing the Kane deal (which I've heard we are pushing hard for and now we know why.

That lineup could vary. I can see Necas, Jarvis or KK at 2c or 3c..... 

I honestly see it as

Patches/Aho/Kane

Svech/Jarvis/Turbo

Kase/KK/Necas

Drury/Staal/Fast 

Martinook 

If we can swing Kane we will have a monster for the playoffs.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

A 33-year old recovering from an Achilles is a lot dicier than a 24-year-old...

I don't like this at all.

I know it sucks but I think it might just be a partial tear… the wording and the time frame almost made it sound like the Canes knew and it didn’t just happen. I’m not saying we are playing cap gymnastics… but we might be.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I know it sucks but I think it might just be a partial tear… the wording and the time frame almost made it sound like the Canes knew and it didn’t just happen. I’m not saying we are playing cap gymnastics… but we might be.

We are of like mind on this.... The timing ect, cap gymnastics might be exactly what we are doing since Dundon gave the green light to spend and go for a title this year... Combined with the heavy offer we made on Thatchuck it has a look to it that says 3 d chess with the cap.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Well poo. However you guys make a great point about pulling a Tampa.  Kane come on down.  

Kane or JT Miller.... I don't see Kadri happening..... 

Sucks but an achilles isn't as bad an injury for a hockey player, Given the way it was announced like MillionDollarCam said its pretty likely this is a partial tear.... Possibly even somthing we knew about when we acquired him.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Kane or JT Miller.... I don't see Kadri happening..... 

Sucks but an achilles isn't as bad an injury for a hockey player, Given the way it was announced like MillionDollarCam said its pretty likely this is a partial tear.... Possibly even somthing we knew about when we acquired him.

Maybe why he was so cheap and Vegas let him go for nothing.  What if there was a plan in place the whole time…..

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Maybe why he was so cheap and Vegas let him go for nothing.  What if there was a plan in place the whole time…..

It's likely both sides knew, but for Vegas it was because they were massively over the cap after getting Eichel... The Canes aggressive pursuit of other big name scorers even afterwards hints towards that.... 

• Pie 2