Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Official Canes Off-season Thread


Recommended Posts

Dzingel added on a two-way contract, he looks to be headed to Chicago.

Add him to the list.

Forwards - Stefan Noesen, Ryan Dzingel, Malte StromwallMackenzie MacEachern, Lane Pederson, Jamieson Rees, Stelio Mattheos, Ryan Suzuki, Vasili Ponomarev, Noel Gunler, Blake Murray, Joseph LaBate (Wolves contract), Josh Melnick (Wolves contract)

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Good article here on where we are…

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article264181531.html

Highlights

- Necas deal being worked on, probably going to be a bridge.

- Lajoie arbitration coming up, Waddell believes a settlement will happen.

- A settlement opens up a buyout window where the Canes can buyout a player who makes over $4M (Jake Gardiner???).

- Roster pretty much set, but Canes look at every available deal.

- PNC Arena could get a new name, multiple companies engaged in naming rights.

- Waddell wants online sports gambling legalized in NC.

- Waddell said that the Canes are a cap team and if there wasn’t a cap that the Canes would keep spending cause Dundon wants to win.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good article here on where we are…

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article264181531.html

Highlights

- Necas deal being worked on, probably going to be a bridge.

- Lajoie arbitration coming up, Waddell believes a settlement will happen.

- A settlement opens up a buyout window where the Canes can buyout a player who makes over $4M (Jake Gardiner???).

- Roster pretty much set, but Canes look at every available deal.

- PNC Arena could get a new name, multiple companies engaged in naming rights.

- Waddell wants online sports gambling legalized in NC.

- Waddell said that the Canes are a cap team and if there wasn’t a cap that the Canes would keep spending cause Dundon wants to win.

The irrational desire to move Necas was overblown he's a natural C and if he's any good at the dot I could easily see him taking the 2C spot and putting up 70+ points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The irrational desire to move Necas was overblown he's a natural C and if he's any good at the dot I could easily see him taking the 2C spot and putting up 70+ points.

Necas had an sophomore slump. I bet he was banging Abby too, which probably didn’t help his mental game. 

Edited by Harbingers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Necas had an sophomore slump. I bet he was banging Abby too, which probably didn’t help his mental game. 

Exactly he's a high ceiling young player who happens be the faster skater in the NHL.... 

 

She was all over Scech and Necas during interviews and during games when she was down on the box it really wouldn't surprise me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Tweet just came across from Lord Stanley’s Warehouse… the Twitter account that has been leaking everything we do… Canes are buying out Gardiner and signing Necas to a 2x$3M AAV.

That was the move everyone's been anticipating.... Great prove it bridge for Necas too... Only eating the buyout this season too.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Is Abby the reason the team “blew it’s load too early” last year?  No pun intended 

Cant be certain there. probably a factor for Svech and Necas though even if not proven...

 

IMO a healthy Freddie and we beat the Islanders and probably didn't have to take Boston 7.... Raanta was so bad on the road.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Cant be certain there. probably a factor for Svech and Necas though even if not proven...

 

IMO a healthy Freddie and we beat the Islanders and probably didn't have to take Boston 7.... Raanta was so bad on the road.

That I place squarely on Rod. Freddie has no reason to play the last month of the regular season, especially with his injures and injury history. This season I better see a rotating goalie or I’m gonna be pissed. I mean fug, don’t even play Freddie after the Allstar break unless we are fighting for a spot or both Raanta and Kochetkov go down. 
 

If we had a healthy Freddie we probably would have won the cup. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

That I place squarely on Rod. Freddie has no reason to play the last month of the regular season, especially with his injures and injury history. This season I better see a rotating goalie or I’m gonna be pissed. I mean fug, don’t even play Freddie after the Allstar break unless we are fighting for a spot or both Raanta and Kochetkov go down. 
 

If we had a healthy Freddie we probably would have won the cup. 

I agree with this completly, If I'm not mistaken we would have only needed 8 points after the all star break to make the playoffs...  The Canes are an early season machine the last two years and Rod runs the wheels off.... Momentum isn't what people think it is in hockey its about health.. and since the 2020 we have are top 3 in wins and points.... the last two years we had the playoffs locked 75% of the way through.....

 

 

I don't care about seeding this team will probably once again be locked into a playoff spot 3/4 of the way through.

 

We need to make sure Freddie/Patches/Turbo and Aho go in the the playoffs healthy and not worn down.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

That I place squarely on Rod. Freddie has no reason to play the last month of the regular season, especially with his injures and injury history. This season I better see a rotating goalie or I’m gonna be pissed. I mean fug, don’t even play Freddie after the Allstar break unless we are fighting for a spot or both Raanta and Kochetkov go down. 
 

If we had a healthy Freddie we probably would have won the cup. 

Maybe…. not having Freddie was a huge piece. Remember though we still an away game is just could not score whatsoever. Some of those home games we want to two to one.  Patches in Burns are going to help take the pressure off 37 and 20. Yes I know Burns plays defense but he should be able to score. And let’s not forget Jarvis is going into your two and will definitely be better. That’s honestly my player I pick to break out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...