• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen named to Fox's #1 team

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Even if Olsen is knocked down to Fos'x #2 team in 2023, his family will still be set for life.  Let's stop acting like the difference in MILLIONS of dollars is a matter of life and death here.  Kick me a 1/2 million and I could retire.

How old are you? Unless you're 70 already I don't think you could retire off 500k.

From https://awfulannouncing.com/fox/greg-olsen-deserved-better.html

Olsen will be the NFL on Fox's No. 1 analyst until Brady retires, allowing him to call at least the next Super Bowl.

"That said, from the outside: this kind of sucks!" says Jay Rigdon. "Again, Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Of course Fox would want him if they could get him into this role. But essentially using Olsen in an interim role is not a common practice. Especially for an analyst who has shown a lot of promise and ability already, and who can connect with a younger audience. Moving Olsen up for a year is nice, but it’s going to necessitate the eventual move back down.

There is some downside risk, too; if Olsen is excellent this year and does a memorable Super Bowl, and then Brady joins and struggles to adapt to the new environment, it’s going to be a bad look for Fox. And at that point, who knows if Olsen would stick around long-term at the network that didn’t give him the top job when they could have?"

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, toldozer said:

How old are you? Unless you're 70 already I don't think you could retire off 500k.

Hardly any debt and I could finish paying off the house with a fraction of that.  Being fiscally responsible pays off...literally.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Hardly any debt and I could finish paying off the house with a fraction of that.  Being fiscally responsible pays off...literally.

After taxes, you probably get around 350,000. If you only spend 14,000 a year. You run out of money in 20 years. Frugal or not. You cannot enjoy life on just that amount. Especially, if you have a family.

Me? At my age? Give me the money.

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

After taxes, you probably get around 350,000. If you only spend 14,000 a year. You run out of money in 20 years. Frugal or not. You cannot enjoy life on just that amount. Especially, if you have a family.

I could set myself up well with that added in with my pension plan.  I'm a year away from eligibility so that would tip the scale for me. 

19 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Join the various money threads in the Lounge 😃

most people don’t have nearly enough saved for retirement. If you do, then you’re way ahead of the curve vs the average American.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/010616/whats-average-401k-balance-age.asp

On 6/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, T-Wazzle said:

I hope Brady's broadcasting career goes the way of Brees.  🐐 or no 🐐, I'm sick of him.

For some reason they think his great career is going to transition well in the booth.  I'm not one of them.  I find Brady irritating to listen too. 

I don't see him as being better than Olsen.  Olsen just has that voice for it.   Very knowledgeable and makes a good team with anyone.

• Pie 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:28 PM, EgoDogg said:

They left for Monday Night Football, which should be a BIG improvement over how it's been over the last so many years.

It should also improve Fox considering how Aikman just drones...and drones...and sounds like he would rather be anywhere else.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

For some reason they think his great career is going to transition well in the booth.  I'm not one of them.  I find Brady irritating to listen too. 

I don't see him as being better than Olsen.  Olsen just has that voice for it.   Very knowledgeable and makes a good team with anyone.

Watch em screw around and lose Olsen while Brady bombs...