• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign pass rushing DE to replace Haason Reddick

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Sometimes it isn't always about the money. Some of these guys will take a little less to play on a winning team that has a shot at a ring. The Panthers best shot at a Super Bowl ring for the next few years is probably going to be getting a replica on eBay.

Yeah I guess you’re right, it just sucks seeing damn near everyone else improve and I have to force myself to get excited about guys like Xavier Woods or hope that Resigning Donte makes him take that next step. I feel like Reddick is going to be a huge loss and nothing was done to try to fill the hole. I have a slight hope that Luvu will get a couple more looks on important Blitz packages etc.

• Beer 3

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Sometimes it isn't always about the money. Some of these guys will take a little less to play on a winning team that has a shot at a ring. The Panthers best shot at a Super Bowl ring for the next few years is probably going to be getting a replica on eBay.

Its About Sending A Message Not About Money GIF - Its About Sending A  Message Not About Money Joker - Discover & Share GIFs

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3

36 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Yeah I guess you’re right, it just sucks seeing damn near everyone else improve and I have to force myself to get excited about guys like Xavier Woods or hope that Resigning Donte makes him take that next step. I feel like Reddick is going to be a huge loss and nothing was done to try to fill the hole. I have a slight hope that Luvu will get a couple more looks on important Blitz packages etc.

Well, this is basically something really shitty franchises have always had to deal with. Once you are dysfunctional and a losing team, you are largely relegated to trying to draft your way out of it. Quality free agents don't want to end up in the purgatory of a bad team.

Not a terrible thing necessarily but it means you need to be pretty damn good in the draft.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

Hicks is a vet piece that’s elite against the run. If we’re sitting on 25 million, we should be open to spending to improve weaknesses. Like run defense.

We're not sitting on $25M, we're $30M in debt with next years cap. Need to put most of that money back into the rollover or else we're gonna extend Shaq/Robby/CMC into 2030. $30M in debt next year with Corral as the only QB on the roster

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

We're not sitting on $25M, we're $30M in debt with next years cap. Need to put most of that money back into the rollover or else we're gonna extend Shaq/Robby/CMC into 2030. $30M in debt next year with Corral as the only QB on the roster

Baffles me how we’re in that situation..

• Beer 1