• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo Presser

Mr. Scot

Cautiously optimistic.  A lot of coaches say they fit their schemes to their players’ strengths, but when you watch the games it’s clear they simply aren’t good enough at scheming to pull it off.  McAdoo at least has a solid track record.  I like what he’s saying about the tight ends (even if it’s mostly just hyping up his guys); really hoping we can utilize Tremble more this year.  That dude has potential to be big time.  

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Keep going. You are single handedly making the Cult of Negativity a real thing. And by extension making me out to be right. So thanks dude.

DUNNAA DUN DUNNA DUN 

DUNNA DUN DUNNA DUN

LOOK IN MY EYESSSSS

WHAT DO YOU SEEEEE

CULT OF NEGATIVITYYYYYYY

45 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He has a different haircut every time I see him 

That was a particularly mean-spirited way to say that, if that was your point.

I will say, however, as someone who wasn't nearly as follicly blessed as McAdoo, it's always irksome to see such a glorious mane of hair so flippantly misused.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Joe Brady was over his head. Hiring an OC with zero play calling skills was a bad move in hindsight. Scheme is great but you can have a simple scheme if the D doesn’t know what you are doing.

I have zero clue if McAdoo will be a lot better. He can’t be worse and with CMC and the OL, we should be better barring lots of injuries. My only concern is that when OBJ missed most of the season, McAdoo’s offense was 31st. Even in the 2 games OBJ started, they scored almost 10 points more per game.

I just hope he brings along Corral so he starts enough games and we know if he’ll be that guy.

Yeah, that 2017 year is tricky because they lost OBJ, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard was playing hurt most of the year. They had like 20 players on IR. He was also HC not OC by that point but who knows how much control he kept over the play calls

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Joe Brady was over his head. Hiring an OC with zero play calling skills was a bad move in hindsight. Scheme is great but you can have a simple scheme if the D doesn’t know what you are doing.

I have zero clue if McAdoo will be a lot better. He can’t be worse and with CMC and the OL, we should be better barring lots of injuries. My only concern is that when OBJ missed most of the season, McAdoo’s offense was 31st. Even in the 2 games OBJ started, they scored almost 10 points more per game.

I just hope he brings along Corral so he starts enough games and we know if he’ll be that guy.

Why dwell on his team's offensive performance while he was HC though?  It's not an apples-to-apples comparison; we want to evaluate McAdoo's performance as an OC since that's the role he's serving here.  It's logical to think, as HC, he was much more hands-off with his offense than while he was the OC where that'd be his sole focus.

I think a more apt comparison is to look at the Giants' offense before and after he was brought on as OC.  In 2013 (the year before McAdoo was brought on as OC), the Giants ranked 28th in yardage and 28th in points.  In 2014 in McAdoo's first year as OC, the Giants ranked 10th in yardage and 13th in points.  In 2015 in McAdoo's second (and final) year as OC, the Giants ranked 6th in points and 8th in yardage.  That's a pretty good track record as OC, although fairly limited.  I think we can all agree he was a failure as a HC and if Rhule gets fired and McAdoo takes his place full-time (beyond an interim role), I'm gonna be just as disappointed as most everyone else here.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1