• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo Presser

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The most interesting part to me was his seemingly nonchalant attitude about his particular offensive scheme. I know that some won't, but I like what I'm hearing. It sounds to me that he's going to let the players and their individual strengths decide what type of plays he devises. I can see someone either seeing him as a genius or a dumbass based on his approach. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

It all boils down to results. I like the philosophy. You should always tailor your scheme to best fit your talent IMO. Force fitting square pegs into round holes just isn't very inefficient.

We'll see how it plays out.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As you might expect, not necessarily a huge amount of "meat" in here, but a few interesting comments about particular players (Corral in particular) and the way McAdoo goes about installing his scheme.

We should’ve gotten Nick Foles to remedy that.

34 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yep, it’s good if a coach understands how their players fit and what improvements he can make to his scheme. Since he started his OC/HC with an established QB and at the time the most dynamic playmaker at WR, it will be interesting to see how he does with building up a rookie QB from scratch.

Yeah he worked on Eli's footwork/pocket presence but he already knew how to read defenses and call plays. Add in a rookie OBJ and it's still up in the air how much of an impact McAdoo truly had. Considering all that he still seems like he's an upgrade over Joe Brady, and Rhule is probably learning on the job more this offseason than he has the past 2 years.