• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers HC Matt Rhule on new coaching staff: You don't want yes men

austin1227

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

I have seen nothing to suggest he can. We'll see this year. Hope he doesn't try to micromanage this point. He's got a good group of coaches working with him. Let's hope he lets them do their job.

I would point to all of the players that he recruited at is previous jobs that are now in the NFL. He never recruited from a powerhouse team but from rebuilding programs which all turned around and developed NFL level talent. That doesn't prove he is a good NFL coach but he does prove that he can create an organization that can identify talent and develop that talent to an NFL level. That's already more than most can say. He also can admit mistakes and try to correct those mistakes. 

As far as letting coaches do their jobs, you're assuming he wasn't doing that before and yet Snow clearly has control of the Defense so why do you presume that Brady didn't have the same? I think he did and he failed and Rhule only got involved when it became obvious that the offense was failing and he made changes as is his responsibility as HC. 

What evidence do you have to support this accusation that he doesn't allow coaches to do their jobs? I haven't seen nor heard anything from anyone who has ever worked with Rhule that would lead me to that belief. But if you have it then I'm more than ready to read it or listen to it so I can know the truth that you seem to know. I frequent this site specifically because I like learning about things I didn't know so please share with us what you know and your source please. 

You asked Casillas about his source about Tepper and Keep Pounding so what's your source about Rhule not letting coaches do their jobs?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 07579394 said:

So,who were the YES MEN?That's hurt

The OC who when Rhule said we needed to run the ball more proceeded to run in 8 times the following game obviously. Logic and reason have no place here. Just follow the mantra. Rhules sucks. Everything bad is his fault. Everything good was done by someone else and anything bad that happens in the future will be Rhules' fault and anything good will be because Rhule lets them do their jobs. It's quite simple really. All you need to do is stick your keyboard where the sun doesn't shine, right beside some of these people's heads and you'll fit right in and understand how these things really work. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Rhule is at the point where he simply needs to win.  Doesn't matter what he says.  He knows it, the staff knows it, management knows it, we all know it.  So, at this point, might as well see how favorable we can make him in the event this staff that's been brought together starts winning games.  He's shown a bit of anxiousness in his pressers that seems to tell me he's gotten a few chats behind the scene and his confidence has been brought down some pegs.    

The last 2 years don't show well and have honestly felt like 5 years with him.  But who knows, maybe he's gotten a dose of reality this offseason (and anger from the top), now with NFL level guys around him, maybe he's learning a bit.  It mostly hinges on having an offense that doesn't turn to Clausen-level when CMC misses time.  Problem is, we still are in the QB experiment phase.  

The big question is--does this new experienced staff coach up the units enough to give some decent hope with Corral at the helm? Or does it all fall apart once the NFL reads what we've put out there this year? 

They're finding out more about Corral this summer.  We'll know A LOT as camps progress and how confident they are to try him when preseason rolls around.  If they're holding back in preseason, then we should have some pause (i.e. Love in GB).  If he's getting bulk playing time like Huntley & Mills did (but not the last week, that should be QB3/PS guys), then we should be ready to see what we're packing sooner than later.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, davos said:

They're finding out more about Corral this summer.  We'll know A LOT as camps progress and how confident they are to try him when preseason rolls around.  If they're holding back in preseason, then we should have some pause (i.e. Love in GB).  If he's getting bulk playing time like Huntley & Mills did (but not the last week, that should be QB3/PS guys), then we should be ready to see what we're packing sooner than later.

I hear what you are saying. The problems lies in the fact that there are only 3 Preseason games. There will have to be adjustments made as to playing time. Also, as far as I know, we have no scrimmages set up. So there will be a lack of opportunities to see what Corall can do. 

It is going to be very interesting to see how they handle Corall. That is for sure.