• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers are the worst rated team in Madden 23

20 hours ago, joemac said:

Supposedly they did a major upgrade of franchise mode this year. I’ll believe it when I see it. I hate playing online so I stopped buying Madden years ago because of what you’re saying. Past recent franchise modes have been barebones and terrible.

They've been saying this for like three years now so yeah, they gotta show me.

I'm on the other side of the coin and only play online. Still sucks and never really changes. The only mode they EA puts time into is Ultimate Team, at least FIFA was a solid game at its core. 

16 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

They've been saying this for like three years now so yeah, they gotta show me.

I'm on the other side of the coin and only play online. Still sucks and never really changes. The only mode they EA puts time into is Ultimate Team, at least FIFA was a solid game at its core. 

More like 20 years. PS2 1999 was the best franchise mode I can remember and it was downhill since I quit playing around 2009.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, 4Corners said:

Fair enough. The game got so stupid when I was in to gaming I quit buying it and I was one of the kids going to GameStop for midnight releases. 

Same. I stopped buying after Madden 25 (the 2013 edition) when they took out the ability to play with friends online on the same team 2v2/3v3. This year they brought that feature back and it was the first time I've bought it since then and while the game is a bit better than the last, there's still a lot of broken aspects of it unfortunately. But it's always fun playing online with friends, matching football wits against other humans.

But ever since they introduced the mode and subsequently figured out how to monetize it, Ultimate Team has been the catalyst in the downfall of Madden. As long as the Ultimate Bums keep dropping significant coin on their virtual fantasy football teams, the quality and playability of Madden will never see the significant improvements it should be achieving because EA knows those clowns will continue pumping money into that scam knowing they'll be starting from scratch year after year as long as they have that exclusive simulation license.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, Mr. Scot said:

I thought they had it again.

They do have a NFL license again, but unfortunately can only make "arcade" style games (think NFL Blitz/NFL Street). EA still has the exclusive NFL "simulation" license for 11v11 football games.

That "arcade" style license 2K recently landed is the exact reason EA hurried up and pumped out their "The Yard" mode this year where they could try and get a jump on cutting into 2K's potential target consumer base. If the 2K product bombs on the arcade game, a greater chance EA will stand at retaining that exclusive "simulation" license they've been clutching onto since 2005.

I'll be buying the 2K product religiously in hopes that the NFL ultimately decides to open up that competition again, then we'll see exactly how hard EA has been sandbagging the development of Madden the last ~17 years.

23 hours ago, Icege said:

Can't wait to make all of the Chiefs, Chargers, Bills, and Rams players ragequit anyways when I 21-skunk em 

Don't forget the Cardinals and Ravens too! Although I'm sure we'll see more Dolphins next year too with the speed that offense will have between Hill and Waddle.

I've played probably anywhere around 350-375 online games so far this year and I'd bet that at least 85-90% of those games are against those teams listed above.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Same. I stopped buying after Madden 25 (the 2013 edition) when they took out the ability to play with friends online on the same team 2v2/3v3. This year they brought that feature back and it was the first time I've bought it since then and while the game is a bit better than the last, there's still a lot of broken aspects of it unfortunately. But it's always fun playing online with friends, matching football wits against other humans.

But ever since they introduced the mode and subsequently figured out how to monetize it, Ultimate Team has been the catalyst in the downfall of Madden. As long as the Ultimate Bums keep dropping significant coin on their virtual fantasy football teams, the quality and playability of Madden will never see the significant improvements it should be achieving because EA knows those clowns will continue pumping money into that scam knowing they'll be starting from scratch year after year as long as they have that exclusive simulation license.

They do have a NFL license again, but unfortunately can only make "arcade" style games (think NFL Blitz/NFL Street). EA still has the exclusive NFL "simulation" license for 11v11 football games.

That "arcade" style license 2K recently landed is the exact reason EA hurried up and pumped out their "The Yard" mode this year where they could try and get a jump on cutting into 2K's potential target consumer base. If the 2K product bombs on the arcade game, a greater chance EA will stand at retaining that exclusive "simulation" license they've been clutching onto since 2005.

I'll be buying the 2K product religiously in hopes that the NFL ultimately decides to open up that competition again, then we'll see exactly how hard EA has been sandbagging the development of Madden the last ~17 years.

Don't forget the Cardinals and Ravens too! Although I'm sure we'll see more Dolphins next year too with the speed that offense will have between Hill and Waddle.

I've played probably anywhere around 350-375 online games so far this year and I'd bet that at least 85-90% of those games are against those teams listed above.

I religiously bought FIFA, NCAA FB, and Madden every year. Midnight release for the football games. I just simply don’t have the time to game like I used to but I’ve been trying to get a new XB or PS5 but even then I doubt I’ll get the FIFA or Madden again. I know Madden blows but heard FIFA is garbage now as well. 

13 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I religiously bought FIFA, NCAA FB, and Madden every year. Midnight release for the football games. I just simply don’t have the time to game like I used to but I’ve been trying to get a new XB or PS5 but even then I doubt I’ll get the FIFA or Madden again. I know Madden blows but heard FIFA is garbage now as well. 

You keep saying it blows but its still a best seller among video games

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You keep saying it blows but its still a best seller among video games

Madden is one of the greatest Game franchises of all time. That isn’t up for the debate. What IS up for the debate is the integrity of the game. Madden has ZERO competition and it is a well known fact that the game has been subpar for years. They don’t have to improve anything because teenagers and adult man childs will continue to buy every year. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:07 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

David Tepper: "Mediocrity will not be tolerated"

The part he muttered under his breath that the press didn't catch: "it will be remembered as the good old days"

we're not mediocre we're just bad.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:00 PM, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Those game developers know what’s up

The people who develop the software will have the same flaws, as the new casters.  They will never accurately predict the exact future.  Unless they can time travel.  Fans can predict just as well as the talking heads.

we will know if they are correct, after the games are completed.