• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CarolinaHuddle Tepper Approval Rating

TNPanther

David Tepper Approval Rating  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of David Tepper’s recent actions and vision for the franchise?

• Yes
    • No

43 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Sure, of course. I don't disagree with "wanting to win". I didn't say anything about his ability. But I do, very strongly, agree with his "wanting to win". He's likely to be the owner for a long, long time so I hope he does figure it out.

Richardson never did, and for one primary reason.

He trusted the wrong people, specifically Marty Hurney.

Tepper so far has trusted Marty Hurney and Matt Rhule.

That worries me...a lot.

Not being able to distinguish who you should trust and who you shouldn't is one of the surest ways to get into the NFL basement, and stay there.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I have a hard time blaming Tepper for the on field product.  

Nobody ever thought of blaming Jerry Richardson for all of our losing seasons, and never having back to back winning seasons. 

But now, I guess everybody is so fuging old, they have no more patience and understanding.  

Plenty of people blamed Richardson the same as Tepper for the same reasons; claiming otherwise is disingenuous. Richardson, however, had early success to gain some credibility and leeway while Tepper has zilch, and in some ways arguably actively made things worse to date (complete control to Rhule, move to artificial turf, etc). When that changes them sentiment will change too, but until then Tepper had earned the criticism he receives.

Winners vs Losers

Win this season and I'll approve, 

Rhule should get the team 10+ wins based on the process, no more excuses.

Going from Cam to Bridgewater to Sam, Sam... really...like rippadon said best to just go all in on Corral.

Not reaching in the draft shows me Tepper is allowing his GM to learn from his coaches mistakes.

This is actually the first full year of Teppers team...his coach his GM, now his QB...

If Tepper wants to get away from our identity "keep pounding" (under Richardson we knew who we were) our new motto should be "No Excuses " because the process says we should have 10+ wins this year if you go by the numbers of the past.

No excuses 

• Beer 1

This is the first year where it actually feels like personnel-wise they are thinking about more than just this season. 

We could have reset on the salary cap, traded bad contracts, hoarded draft picks instead of this disaster each season. I don’t know what their goal is. 

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper is responsible for the on field product because he chooses who runs the football operations.

It was the same with Richardson.

Yet you never opening hated Richardson, and constantly spewed hatred for him until casual Friday became public knowledge.  

• Flames 1

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Yet you never opening hated Richardson, and constantly spewed hatred for him until casual Friday became public knowledge.  

I don't hate anyone for being bad at their job, and Richardson was most definitely bad at his.

The other stuff is a whole different matter though.

4 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

This is the first year where it actually feels like personnel-wise they are thinking about more than just this season. 

We could have reset on the salary cap, traded bad contracts, hoarded draft picks instead of this disaster each season. I don’t know what their goal is. 

Still early.  They have stayed in steady contact with the Browns.  What if they end up acquiring Baker Mayfield for a pick cost that is in the ballpark of the Carson Wentz deal? 

I lost all faith in him when he attempted to trade for Deshaun Watson.

Leveraging your team's future for a guy who is clearly a sexual predator who booked appointments with 66 massage therapists in an attempt to help the team win a few extra football games a year says everything about his character. Winning isn't everything in my opinion.

I know a lot of Browns fans have a mixed feelings about Watson being on their team.

I will still cheer for the team, but I believe Tepper is a slimy individual with no class. Good thing he has all of that money going for him...except he is also a cheapskate. (I'm still upset about having a turf field)

If Watson was traded to the Panthers, I would have found a new team to cheer for and I still could see that happening in the future depending on other decisions the franchise makes.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Your many posts in the last year, say otherwise. 

This.

Post after post, all day long,  hating on people, and then deny the hating.  Baffles the mind.  He's not as bad as some.  Some are FAR worse.

Haters gonna hate.

• Beer 1