• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CarolinaHuddle Tepper Approval Rating

TNPanther

David Tepper Approval Rating  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of David Tepper’s recent actions and vision for the franchise?

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did you look it up?

And seriously, what does it matter if you hold teams to fewer yards if they still outscore you?

Which of those would you want our defense to have: Fewer yards gained or fewer points scored against them?

They don't determine who wins the game by who gave up fewer yards.

You're original argument was that there was no improvement.  Which was an incorrect statement.  You also want to ignore so many other factors, in sticking with your perspective,  that I often question what happened to the scot I've always known, because you weren't always like this. In fact, was NEVER like this until more recently.  

I get it, you're tired of the poor product on the field,  and the reality is we all are. We just see things differently.   I don't ignore factors that are out of the control of not only Tepper, but Rhule.  

But hey, don't let me get in the way of your blind hate. You may say you don't hate them, but every word you write about them is dripping with it. 

Edited by pantherclaw

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

You're original argument was that there was no improvement.  Which was an incorrect statement.  You also want to ignore so many other factors, in sticking with your perspective,  that I often question what happened to the scot I've always known, because you weren't always like this. In fact, was NEVER like this until more recently.  

I get it, you're tired of the poor product on the field,  and the reality is we all are. We just see things differently.   I don't ignore factors that are out of the control of not only Tepper, but Rhule.  

But hey, don't let me get in the way of your blind hate. You may say you don't hate them, but every word you write about them is dripping with it. 

I have never given a flying damn about stats, and that's not changed. Stats are frequently misleading and can be twisted to mean something they don't. What I care about are wins.

But hey, if you like stats, here's one. The defense you say was "improving" gave up nearly 300 points (283, to be exact) over the last eleven games of the season. That includes 25 to the awful Giants, 33 to the mediocre Dolphins, 29 to the lowly Falcons and 73 to the Buccaneers over two games.

Does that kind of performance really inspire confidence?

Our defense last season feasted on some bad teams early but absolutely got figured out and fell apart as the year went on.

Bottom Line: That statistical ranking doesn't mean sh-t if it doesn't translate to points prevented and games won.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I knew you'd have some excuse not to give any credit. 

You are quite literally grasping at straws.

Even during the season while the losses were piling up, it was easy to see that "top ranked defense" was anything but that.

Couldn't stop the run, kept having points piled up on us. The bottom shelf offense didn't help but the defense eventually collapsed. The last 8 games of the year we averaged allowing almost 28 ppg. What part of that is elite? How about being tied for 28th in Takeaways? Is that elite?

That was always the problem with our supposed "elite" defense, outside of yards allowed, almost no other defensive stat was elite. The closest was sacks and we were tied for 14th. 

Which, you said yourself you didn't watch the games so how would you even be able to know what we looked like? Watching the games was the clearest indicator of how that stat was ultimately meaningless.

• Pie 3

Sorry I'm late to the poo slinging fest, but here's why I voted "yes" (besides the fact that I'm already stoned)

I like Scott Fitterer and his last two drafts. I like the wholesale assistant coach changes we made this year. If Icky and Golden Corral "hit," then we just got our LT and QB for the next decade. I like that Matt Rhule's leash was severely shortened. Should we have already fired him? Probably. But screw it lets give him one last shot before we pull the plug.

Tepper as a person is what rubs people wrong. He talks when he's not needed and when he's needed, he's no where to be found. He effed up royal with the Rhule hire....but who here doesn't have an ex that they just about immediately regretted asking out hahahaha.

Bring back the grass field. Stop effing with "Keep Pounding" and whatever few traditions we actually have. Figure out the practice facility stuff. Most importantly JUST WIN, BABY. wins cure everything. 

and more of ya'll should chill out and take a puff. It's the freakin offseason and watching Panthers fans fight each other is about as cringe as watching Star Wars fans fight each other. (yeah I went there) 

• Beer 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 4:00 PM, uncfan888 said:

Hell no. Tepper is one of the worst possible owners we could have had

You really do hate him with a passion…

…it’s visceral with you, all consuming…

…gotta admire your singular laser-like focus 🙌

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You really do hate him with a passion…

…it’s visceral with you, all consuming…

…gotta admire your singular laser-like focus 🙌

Do you seriously go surfing through old ass threads to stalk people in the wee hours of the morning?

That sounds like a very sad and unfulfilled life.

• Pie 5

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Do you seriously go surfing through old ass threads to stalk people in the wee hours of the morning?

That sounds like a very sad and unfulfilled life.

He quoted me in 5 threads. Maybe he'll give me as much attention as he gives his love fest for Tepper

• Beer 1