• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

some tweets from OTAs...qb are throwing

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he has had more chances than any young QB I can think of.  If Corral isn't ready and we have no other options then fine let him play some games until we have a better option.  Outside of that is should be Corral's job to lose at this point.

Imo corral should be given a limited offense to learn at first and then go from there.   There is no way darnold should be starting over him in any scenario simply for the reasons that the last few posts provided.  We know what Sam is and it’s not good.  In fact it’s historically bad.    

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Imo corral should be given a limited offense to learn at first and then go from there.   There is no way darnold should be starting over him in any scenario simply for the reasons that the last few posts provided.  We know what Sam is and it’s not good.  In fact it’s historically bad.    

I'd be more than ok with this.  Run a similar RPO he ran in college and slowly incorporate more throughout the season.  

Take off Sam's red jersey and see how many plays until he throws an INT before celibrating a vet QB practicing well...yikes it never ends with that poor guy.

Being worse with more time in the pocket and his play falling off a cliff after the scripted plays are run are huge issues that are not going to show up in practice. 

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

onathan M Alexander
@jonmalexander
·
24s
Y’all, Sam is dealing today. It is only OTA’s, but he has had a good day. I’m just saying.

Guy looked great during practice last year as well. Problems was when game time happened he fell apart. There is a part of him that just panics and he keeps playing hero ball and doing a boneheaded things. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

When the story about criticism from a league source came out last year, specifically the one that said the Panthers weren't a true meritocracy and we had people playing or even starting that wouldn't even be on a roster anywhere else, Walker was one of the names that came to mind.

Two offensive linemen come to mind for me. 

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

love that we got hekker, dude is a STUD.

Wish we had him last year, Charlton really poo the bed a number of times.  Letting Andy Lee go a few years back was a big mistake (we even traded for the guy and released him a year later).

Practice squad rules have changed a lot with the new CBA so I’m expecting PJ to stick around on there.  It’s good to see Corral throwing with accuracy, if he looked like ass it’d be pretty concerning.  Really excited about TMJ as well; he’s almost the forgotten man.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I'd be more than ok with this.  Run a similar RPO he ran in college and slowly incorporate more throughout the season.  

Competent coaching can go a LONG way.  Baltimore changed their entire offense to fit Lamar’s skill set and then he won MVP.  McAdoo is saying the right things, so I’d love to focus on Corral’s strengths and let him rip that poo.  If CMC stays healthy the RPO could actually be pretty fuging good if done right

• Pie 1