• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield watch

ncfan

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My buddy in Charlotte who is also semi connected to tepper sports just texted it may be done by the end of business today.  

fug this is really going to happen

Would make sense, QB's didn't impress today, if they're gonna get him might as well do it now and he can get a day of minicamp in before the break. Better not be for more than that $6M number they were floating around

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are going to trade a 4rth for Baker, win 8 games, extend rhule and then give baker a 5 year $150 million deal.    Take it to the bank

That may just be the final nail in my fandom coffin for the Panthers.  The Watson fiasco just about did me in but after it fell through I decided to hang on a little longer.  I'm not sure how much more I can take of the David Tepper era.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Would make sense, QB's didn't impress today, if they're gonna get him might as well do it now and he can get a day of minicamp in before the break. Better not be for more than that $6M number they were floating around

Money to me isnt the issue its the draft capital we are eyeballing to make the move.   We are going to back door ourselves into giving baker a new deal next year because we dont have capital to move up if needed. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are going to trade a 4rth for Baker, win 8 games, extend rhule and then give baker a 5 year $150 million deal.    Take it to the bank

I like everything (prefer a 5th) but the 5 year deal...  Also I want to unload Darnold too.  If you could adjust that I could take it to the bank.  8 wins with our schedule would be pretty solid.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Money to me isnt the issue its the draft capital we are eyeballing to make the move.   We are going to back door ourselves into giving baker a new deal next year because we dont have capital to move up if needed. 

My friend's guy says we are trying to either get the Browns to send money along with Baker or take Sam.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

A 4th/5th round pick isn't going to move the needle to move up in the first.  If there is a guy we love it will take future 1sts/2nds to move up.  Baker might even give us back a higher future comp if we don't extend him.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I like everything (prefer a 5th) but the 5 year deal...  Also I want to unload Darnold too.  If you could adjust that I could take it to the bank.  8 wins with our schedule would be pretty solid.

if we win 8 games with baker he is getting  a massive new deal, thats just the reality of things

I feel pretty confident that baker is worth about 8 games with this roster

• Pie 1

A 4th/5th round pick isn't going to move the needle to move up in the first.  If there is a guy we love it will take future 1sts/2nds to move up.  Baker might even give us back a higher future comp if we don't extend him.  

you are right I am just saying we are continuing to give up capital for poo instead of building the team, each pick we give up is potentially a player that can contribute down the line

Just now, Happy Panther said:

We have shed loads of cap space and this would be a one year deal right? Just make the trade...

No we have about $25M right now and we're negative $35M in cap next year. We should roll it over but we'll end up extending Robby and Shaq until 2030 or something to get under next years cap. Negative $35M in cap with only Corral on the QB roster next year. Whatever QB we sign is gonna get 90% of their year one money in bonus

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if we win 8 games with baker he is getting  a massive new deal, thats just the reality of things

I feel pretty confident that baker is worth about 8 games with this roster

That's where the Browns finished last year and people are telling him that roster is so much better (I'm not sold on this).  That's also only one less win than Herbet had with a pretty solid Chargers roster.  If Baker wins 8 with this roster/staff that might be a pretty solid season.  

That's where the Browns finished last year and people are telling him that roster is so much better (I'm not sold on this).  That's also only one less win than Herbet had with a pretty solid Chargers roster.  If Baker wins 8 with this roster/staff that might be a pretty solid season.  

I am far from a baker fan but he was hurt last year

After 4 years you get a sense of who/what a qb is.  We know who he is, lets just stay away from this poo show all together and build organically like most nfl franchises do, stop fuging cutting corners.  If you had a first round grade on Corral treat it as such. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 3