• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Huddle Rhule Approval Rating

kungfoodude

Rhule Approval  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of the job Matt Rhule is doing?

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

I have seen enough. I honestly can't think of a positive after 2 years and a 3rd offseason. At this point the best I can give is in spite of Rhule on some of the moves. I can't wait to celebrate his firing. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

They've given him this season, at least to start.

I'd love to see him win us all back, but nothing I've seen so far makes me believe this is even slightly possible. I have been wrong, though, and would love to be wrong on this matter.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Beer 1

I think its fair to judge Rhule on what he’s done so far as well as fitterer. However i do think its too early for tepper. I’d like to wait and see what Rhule does next and if that doesn’t work, I’d like to see the next coaching hire. I think i need at least two coaches to judge tepper as you can judge a coach off of two quarterbacks he has selected (not meaning for that to be any direct shot at rhule just in general).

but that is my opinion. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

I think its fair to judge Rhule on what he’s done so far as well as fitterer. However i do think its too early for tepper. I’d like to wait and see what Rhule does next and if that doesn’t work, I’d like to see the next coaching hire. I think i need at least two coaches to judge tepper as you can judge a coach off of two quarterbacks he has selected (not meaning for that to be any direct shot at rhule just in general).

but that is my opinion. 

You could make the same argument for Fitterer, IMO. After all, Rhule technically had final say. Fitterer isn't a "real" GM at the moment.

• Beer 1

Team has been disastrous since he took over, but I'm willing to set aside my frustration to see what he does in year 3. He does have a huge learning curve coming from college to the NFL, so hopefully behind the scenes he has taken lessons from his first 2 years in the NFL and will apply it this coming season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

You could make the same argument for Fitterer, IMO. After all, Rhule technically had final say. Fitterer isn't a "real" GM at the moment.

You definitely could, but i believe fitterer has been on board with every qb move so far. From a value stand point the moves made sense. And when you have a coach in your ear that has 100% confidence in his self that he can coach up any player… that + good value = make the trade/sign the player. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

They've given him this season, at least to start.

I'd love to see him win us all back, but nothing I've seen so far makes me believe this is even slightly possible. I have been wrong, though, and would love to be wrong on this matter.

I agree with this.

The problem with Rhule was how last season went. At some point, it really looked like the wheels fell off. And as the season progressed it just continued getting worse till the whole team was a dumpster fire. Considering the offense was okay at the beginning, and the defense was (more than) above average and they both fell off a cliff. I have to blame coaching.

Rhule made changes this year, but he's gotta prove it now. He's gotta prove he's learning and growing. The only hope is there really is no evidence at all that he lost the locker room.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I agree with this.

The problem with Rhule was how last season went. At some point, it really looked like the wheels fell off. And as the season progressed it just continued getting worse till the whole team was a dumpster fire. Considering the offense was okay at the beginning, and the defense was (more than) above average and they both fell off a cliff. I have to blame coaching.

Rhule made changes this year, but he's gotta prove it now. He's gotta prove he's learning and growing. The only hope is there really is no evidence at all that he lost the locker room.

Rhule looked good at the beginning of the year, but we were looking through an undeveloped lens. At the time, we had no idea how bad those teams were. In hindsight they were terrible (and New Orleans was decimated). Once Dallas was on the field against us, we got to see just how ill-prepared we were.

And the prior year was just as bad, with even less talent on the field.

It doesn't inspire hope.

• Beer 3

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Rhule looked good at the beginning of the year, but we were looking through an undeveloped lens. At the time, we had no idea how bad those teams were. In hindsight they were terrible (and New Orleans was decimated). Once Dallas was on the field against us, we got to see just how ill-prepared we were.

And the prior year was just as bad, with even less talent on the field.

It doesn't inspire hope.

Rhule looked decent all things considered in 2020.  Could argue the whole Rhule experiment was off to a good start. 

He started looking bad in his first real TC in 2021 and it never really quit IMO.    Something was off and that probably was the realization Sam was worse than Teddy….who they deemed not good enough IMO.  I don’t pay attention to the talk.  They had Sam checking down all camp, all preseason and you could see the bad in Sam was still there despite the early wins.  Then it snowballed once teams saw how little we could do with him.   

* and Rhule, Brady, etc. needed a Teddy at a BARE MINUMIUM.  They were too weak of a staff not to have a QB w/ a solid head on his shoulders and understanding of all things.   Teddy might of been a check down king but he understood the position and the NFL.   Something no one on the staff did. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2