• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which current players would start on the 2015 team?

Zod

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well the question was for the season, so I took it as season and not that game specifically, so I wouldn't take Horn. Not to mention, he is an almost completely unknown quantity versus a highly productive and extremely experienced guy in Tillman. He definitely wouldn't be starting over Josh Norman.

Harper was a tough one. I just went with veteran over a guy that is really still pretty raw and learning. Plus, Chinn is pretty ineffective in pass coverage, so that would be a concern. To me, more so in a one season timeline than Harper's waning effectiveness. 

Chinn and Harper are similar types of old-school SS box safeties.  Harper was just as limited in coverage as Chinn.  The difference is, Chinn is an absolute athletic freak (10/10 RAS) while Harper was about 73 years old as our starting SS in 2015 and one of the slowest, if not the slowest, safeties in the league.  So Harper had zero recovery speed when he did get burned in the secondary.

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rookie Icky over 2015 Oher?  2015 Oher was so very solid. 

Basically rookie Horn over Peanut Tillman? 

2015 isn’t going 15-1 and to the Super Bowl any longer when you start making a bunch of those type tweaks.    Giving up consistency and a high standard for raw developing talent.  

Oher was alright.  Think he gets a lot of credit because he was the tallest midget we’ve had at LT since Gross retired.  Ickey has potential to be a top 5-10 OT in this entire league.

And Peanut was decent.  But most of the credit he got came off of his punches.  He had lost a step at that time.  Horn, is a top 10 pick, Freak athlete,  who pre injury already was showing to be a true poo down CB.  I think he easily starts over Tillman with Tillman coming in in Nickel packages

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Oher was alright.  Think he gets a lot of credit because he was the tallest midget we’ve had at LT since Gross retired.  Ickey has potential to be a top 5-10 OT in this entire league.

And Peanut was decent.  But most of the credit he got came off of his punches.  He had lost a step at that time.  Horn, is a top 10 pick, Freak athlete,  who pre injury already was showing to be a true poo down CB.  I think he easily starts over Tillman with Tillman coming in in Nickel packages

Question isn’t about if Horn and Icky can one day be better than 2015 Oher or Tillman.  If you replaced Oher and Tillman with the 2 rookies as they are now….would that team be better that particular season is how I interpret the question.

Icky this season I don’t believe will be as consistent overall as 2015 Oher.   Same with Horn/Peanut.  And Peanut was bringing a lot more than just play too. 

I think Icky will be better than Oher.  I just don’t think 2021 Icky steps on the field and is instantly better than 2015 Oher.  Who was very solid and consistent that year.  And that was what Cam needed to do his thing. 

OL:
Moton over Remmers
Icky over Oher

WR:
Moore over Brown
Zylstra over Funchess

RB:
CMC over Stewart

DL:
Burns over Allen

CB:
Horn over Peanut
DJ over Finnegan/McClain

S:
Chinn over Harper

ST:
Gonzalez over Gano
Hekker over Nortman
Roberts over Whittaker

Edited by KillerKat
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Don't try to fix what isn't broken, defense was solid as is. 

Just putting Moton in at RT would likely have been a big enough difference for the Panthers to run an effective offense against the Broncos. 

The Moton change alone gets the Panthers a Lombardi Trophy. 

Agreed, the defense basically gave up 6 points in that game.  The Bronco D scored one TD themselves and set up the offense on the 4 for the second, accounting for 15 points.  One of their FGs came after our special teams stood around thinking the PR had called for a fair catch and the ball wound up on our 14 yard line. 

Had they found a way to give Remmers any help on Miller, we still might have won.  Moton alone probably would have done the trick.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Definitely not with the random game of his life kony early had against denver. I think he may have gotten more sacks in that game than the rest of his career...

What’s crazy is if we won Ealy probably is MVP. Dude balled out that game

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, shaq said:

Taylor Moton, Dj Moore, CMC, Chinn

if you count slot then Donte/Jaycee, Cortland Finnegan was not the same player at 31.

I can't remember what other bad cb we had playing because peanut was hurt. Was it bum ass Robert McClain that kept getting torched by Sanders?

CMC, moton, Moore, Robbie, Chinn (for Harper) and literally any current CB for McClain (take your pick of horn or DJ) would be my changes.

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

Oher did great with pass blocking that season, and that's with Mike Shula calling dive, dive/QB sneak, four verts on first, second, and third down 80 percent of the game. His run blocking was pretty poor, but I'll take a tackle who can't run block over a tackle who can't pass block/block anything (see Remmers, Mike)