• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which current players would start on the 2015 team?

Zod

7 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Chinn and Harper are similar types of old-school SS box safeties.  Harper was just as limited in coverage as Chinn.  The difference is, Chinn is an absolute athletic freak (10/10 RAS) while Harper was about 73 years old as our starting SS in 2015 and one of the slowest, if not the slowest, safeties in the league.  So Harper had zero recovery speed when he did get burned in the secondary.

The difference is/was about a decade of experience. Hence why I went with the experience.

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I can't remember what other bad cb we had playing because peanut was hurt. Was it bum ass Robert McClain that kept getting torched by Sanders?

CMC, moton, Moore, Robbie, Chinn (for Harper) and literally any current CB for McClain (take your pick of horn or DJ) would be my changes.

That’s the other guy I was thinking of great memory! Man our defense was great that year but that was all our front 7, besides Norman it was kinda a poo show(Harper, Tre Boston, Finnegan, Mclain,) Also, this is a hot take but I would not want Robby anywhere near that team, bad team chemistry guy quick to place and deflect blame. As a WR unless your QB straight up fugs your wife then he should not be poo talking him to the media on any level.

1 hour ago, shaq said:

That’s the other guy I was thinking of great memory! Man our defense was great that year but that was all our front 7, besides Norman it was kinda a poo show(Harper, Tre Boston, Finnegan, Mclain,) Also, this is a hot take but I would not want Robby anywhere near that team, bad team chemistry guy quick to place and deflect blame. As a WR unless your QB straight up fugs your wife then he should not be poo talking him to the media on any level.

I hear you about Robbie, but I would take him over the rejects we had at WR in the Superbowl. Sadly, I think Jericho cotchery at 70 years old was out most reliable receiver. Now, if you would say you would rather have zylstra, I'd be ok with that.

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, KillerKat said:

OL:
Moton over Remmers
Icky over Oher

WR:
Moore over Brown
Zylstra over Funchess

RB:
CMC over Stewart

DL:
Burns over Allen

CB:
Horn over Peanut
DJ over Finnegan/McClain

S:
Chinn over Harper

ST:
Gonzalez over Gano
Hekker over Nortman
Roberts over Whittaker

It is more than you think..

My starting lineup is probably 

Offense

WR 1 DJ

WR 2 Teddy Ginn 

WR 3 Robbie 

TE Olsen 

LT Oher (unless Ikcey is just silly his first year, def a possibility)

LG Norwell

C Kalil

RG Turner

RT Moton 

QB Cam

RB CMAC

RB 2 Stew 

FB Tolbert

DEFENSE 4-3

RE Charles Johnson

UT KK Short 

NT Star

LE Brian Burns

WLB Thomas Davis

MLB Luke Kuechly 

SLB Shaq Thompson (2022 version)

CB 1 Josh Norman

CB 2 Charles Tillman

NB Jaycee Horn

FS Kurt Coleman

SS Jeremy Chinn

Mostly 2015 about a 2:1 ratio IMO

On 6/10/2022 at 1:29 AM, PleaseCutStewart said:

I hear you about Robbie, but I would take him over the rejects we had at WR in the Superbowl. Sadly, I think Jericho cotchery at 70 years old was out most reliable receiver. Now, if you would say you would rather have zylstra, I'd be ok with that.

Ted Ginn was actually very good for us. He had drops sure but was always a threat to score anytime he touched the ball. I would pair him with DJ as the starters 

Carries would go to JStew (1), Cam(2), CMC (3) and Tolbert (4). Replacing Fozzy and CAP.

Targets go to Olsen (1), CMC (2), DJ (3), Ginn (4), Cotchery (5), Dickson (6), Tolbert (7), Stewart (8). Replacing Philly, Funchess, Bersin, and CAP.

Moton replaces Remmers.

Chinn replaces Harper.

Shaq was a starter.

As for Burns, he would have been #4 under Jared Allen, Charles Johnson, and Mario Addison.

CMC, DJ, Moton, Chinn, and Shaq are the only 5 players that could improve the 2015 team.

Absolutely none.  the current Panthers at some spots are more talented, CMC and DJ Moore, The 2015 team had what this team would never dream of and that’s chemistry which elevates everyone on the team.  That team had the X factor. Top to bottom everyone was bought in and we had something else which this team is missing and that’s 2 field generals of cam Newton and Luke Kuechly. Plus top level leadership with Khalil and Thomas Davis. 

2015 stays like it is. 

This is definitely a good topic though.