• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach!!

KaseKlosed

3 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. James Borrego reincarnated. 

Yeah I hear this completely. This is my big concern. If someone would like to sell me on this hire I would be happy to reward them with pie.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah I hear this completely. This is my big concern. If someone would like to sell me on this hire I would be happy to reward them with pie.

I don't really get the Borrego comparison besides both being "culture building" guys. Borrego is a Popovich guy through and through and Atkinson a D'antoni guy and his former players all seem to love him especially the young ones. Durant and Kyrie are weirdos and when they inevitably didnt win immediately he was always going to be the scapegoat imo.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The guy actually knows defense and has done great work developing guards. He also took a Deangelo Russel lead Nets to the playoffs. Atkinson is nothing like JB. Do your research before spouting off dumb poo or just regurgitating things you read on Twitter.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

The guy actually knows defense and has done great work developing guards. He also took a Deangelo Russel lead Nets to the playoffs. Atkinson is nothing like JB. Do your research before spouting off dumb poo or just regurgitating things you read on Twitter.

Basically, he is just Bames Jorrego. Love his mustache. Looks familiar. :+)

Also feel very concerned about this hire. I didn’t like how his tenure ended in Brooklyn and it was made known by both Irving and Durant that they didn’t like Atkinson’s culture. Atkinson runs a tight ship and while that’s nice, there has to be some give and take, especially with our young group. If there isn’t any give and take, I can see this going south real quickly. If Atkinson tries to essentially put his style of play on guys like LaMelo and Bridges then they’ll be gone before you know it.

Would have preferred D’Antoni with an assistant coach specially brought in for defense.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Poo 1

The one thing that I do like is that he’s a good player developer but the problem is, if you can’t work with stars then it doesn’t matter how good you are at developing players because you need stars to win in the NBA.

Essentially, Atkinson sounds like he’d be an elite assistant coach or a great college coach because he can focus on development. However, I have my doubts about him leading a group that has strong personalities and a particular type of way that they like to play. If Atkinson tries to slow the style of play down that our team is accustomed to then this will be a disaster.

• Poo 1