• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie Anderson tweet

CRA

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I like Robbie. I hope he has a bounce back season, and if he does, I’ve got this thread saved and bookmarked. If he doesn’t, I welcome all the “I told you so’s”.

He has had one bad year. He’s not trash. He’s definitely not the worst player on the team

I am starting to question how much he wants to be a good player versus just being a guy that cashes a check. Seems like mostly the latter. 

Not rare but not a guy I would have invested the money that we did in him.

• Pie 1

Just now, AggieLean said:

Or, he just had a bad year. Y’all are quick to say certain athletes cash out and mail it in once they get some money. 

I mean....do you blame us? How many times do has that happened to us versus other teams? We have ample cases of paying the wrong players these contracts. 

It's a Panthers tradition.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Or, he just had a bad year. Y’all are quick to say certain athletes cash out and mail it in once they get some money. 

Historically most players that I can think of that have a terrible year the season after getting a big pay day continue to have bad years.  That happens a lot more often than it being an outlier.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Historically most players that I can think of that have a terrible year the season after getting a big pay day continue to have bad years.  That happens a lot more often than it being an outlier.

Show me a list of these players, please. You could be right, but I want to see. 

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I like Robbie. I hope he has a bounce back season, and if he does, I’ve got this thread saved and bookmarked. If he doesn’t, I welcome all the “I told you so’s”.

He has had one bad year. He’s not trash. He’s definitely not the worst player on the team

I think most people realize he had his worst year last year.  I think it would be ok if it was just that.  He sucked last year, Sam has always sucked.   They both arent liked here.  The big thing with Robbie is he comes off as soft, dramatic, and like he really doesnt want to be here or put in the work.  Hes just always calling out demands like hes the face of the franchise and he hasnt earned that.  Hes constantly pointing fingers or talking publically about how he doesnt want Mayfield etc.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....do you blame us? How many times do has that happened to us versus other teams? We have ample cases of paying the wrong players these contracts. 

Robbie had a bad year. If he has a year like last, then I’ll be fully on board with calling him out. 

I just don’t like this whole “player cashed out, and got lazy” because it’s traditionally only levied on a certain type of player. 

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I think most people realize he had his worst year last year.  I think it would be ok if it was just that.  He sucked last year, Sam has always sucked.   They both arent liked here.  The big thing with Robbie is he comes off as soft, dramatic, and like he really doesnt want to be here or put in the work.  Hes just always calling out demands like hes the face of the franchise and he hasnt earned that.  Hes constantly pointing fingers or talking publically about how he doesnt want Mayfield etc.

He comes off as soft? The man is 150 lbs playing receiver in a man’s league. If he was soft, he wouldn’t be out there. 

Speaking of Mayfield, isn’t he known as publicly talking about others as well? 

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

We have had several.    I would say Trai Turner is an example.  Albert Haynesworth was a huge one.  There are lots but I will have to think about some specifics this afternoon.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He comes off as soft? The man is 150 lbs playing receiver in a man’s league. If he was soft, he wouldn’t be out there. 

Speaking of Mayfield, isn’t he known as publicly talking about others as well? 

Sure.  I'm campaigning for Mayfield.   I dont care that Robbie has that opinion of Mayfield.  I just dont think he is a good enough player (especially last year) to put the front office and locker room in an awkward position by openly campaigning against or for things like that so publicly.

12 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Jake Delhomme

Chris Chambers

Javon Walker

Albert Haynesworth

Jamarcus Russell

Aaron Curry

Roy Williams

Ryan Leaf

Dwayne Bowe

Matt Cassel

Nate Solder

David Johnson

Basically Any Running back after signing a big contract the past decade.

49 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Robbie has shown plenty of times that he actually gives a damn. Even amid his drops. What you're saying doesn't equal up.

• Poo 1

If he just stayed off social media it wouldn't be as bad. If I were an owner I'd ban my players from using it. I know it's 2022 and young folk be like, oMG yOu CaN'T taKe My SociAl MedIas, but no one really needs it. Just go back to simpler times, when you rarely knew how dumb your players were.