• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carlos Dunlap Visiting Panthers

XClown1986

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I still can't see how people see this as a bad thing.  I mean unless his gets a dumb contract it should do nothing but improve this team.  Dunlap mixed in the rotation would help offset the loss of Reddick.  

Some of those against this, not all, but some, are the same crowd who want to get Rhule out "faster".  A move like this could help "Save Matt Rhule's ass."  Its the same people against trading for a vet QB.  They want to save the cap for the next coach and tank this year,  because we had 5 wins last year and they were expecting more.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I still can't see how people see this as a bad thing.  I mean unless his gets a dumb contract it should do nothing but improve this team.  Dunlap mixed in the rotation would help offset the loss of Reddick.  

There are people who see this as a bad thing? In what galaxy would someone not like this

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Looking at my own early chart, places of making room for this is cutting Hoskins or Ricci or the 3rd QB. Possibly the 7th LB, but I think we keep that many since we are a hybrid D. I would say 3rd QB. Walker hasn`t improved and if we are down to him, we can just pick up someone the same or better. However, we do have recent history of only keeping 4 DTs.

Edited by KillerKat

3 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

It's YGMs responsibility to win reps not be handed them. Its year 3. Sink or swim. So now we have people arguing against depth and competition? We are talking about the Huddle though 

We are talking about another sh!t year, but go ahead and shoot for the stars bud.

• Beer 1

FACT: Not winning the division, that would be the Brady and the Bucs.  PROBABLE: Not getting a wildcard, that would be a NFC West team and Central/East team.  So we are burning cap to get an extra win or two so Rhule can say there is progress.  On to year four of Tepper/Rhule and more negative cap space. Yippy!!!!!!

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

FACT: Not winning the division, that would be the Brady and the Bucs.  PROBABLE: Not getting a wildcard, that would be a NFC West team and Central/East team.  So we are burning cap to get an extra win or two so Rhule can say there is progress.  On to year four of Tepper/Rhule and more negative cap space. Yippy!!!!!!

Wrong. We are going to be in contention for the #1 seed in the NFC .. hate away - we will be

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

FACT: Not winning the division, That would be the Brady and the Bucs.  PROBABLE: Not getting a wildcard, that would be a NFC West team and Central team.  So we are burning cap to get an extra win or two so Rhule can say there is progress.  On to year four of Tepper/Rhule. Yippy!!!!!!

Yup and by adding a guy that doesn't need coaching. That's also why he wants Jimmy G or whoever, it would make it look like there was some amount of "progress" in his "process". In reality it's just Rhule saying a lot of words and hoping the players make him look good. We're already $30-35M over the cap next year, not sure why adding another $5M or so to help Rhule keep his job is a plus. Just delays the inevitable of him getting fired 

• Beer 2

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yup and by adding a guy that doesn't need coaching. That's also why he wants Jimmy G or whoever, it would make it look like there was some amount of "progress" in his "process". In reality it's just Rhule saying a lot of words and hoping the players make him look good. We're already $30-35M over the cap next year, not sure why adding another $5M or so to help Rhule keep his job is a plus. Just delays the inevitable of him getting fired 

Gifting a guy his last substantial payday to get Rhule over the 5-win hump is exactly what we need.

• Beer 1

Just now, ellis said:

I'm not doubting Dunlap still can get it done, my problem is it's a band aid on a gunshot wound. Yes, it will help somewhat in the short term, but what about down the road?  This team is in a long term rebuild and these one or two-year deals with FAs isn't going to get it done.  Hired mercenaries aren't in the long term interest of the organization.

FYI, I almost stopped in at the Ingles in Powersville to see you last week on the way home from work, but I had a hot dinner waiting on me.  If you are on location again around me, I'll pop in to say hi!

• Beer 1