• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carlos Dunlap Visiting Panthers

XClown1986

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, the Rams are in FULL win now mode.  They hit their championship window precisely, which is VERY rare.  They are in the red for the cap for the foreseeable future.   Basically, they are living in the moment and the instant that magic falters, they will  tear it all down.  Until then, they have one Super Bowl and are hoping for at least one, if not two more, before inevitable occurs.   The fact that you are putting us in the same breath as the Rams is dumbfounding.

Just showing an example of yet another team manipulating the salary cap. The Rams have been pretty loaded for a while (since 2017) they just upgraded their QB. They look to have their core locked in for the next 3-4 years as well. We shall see if they have to do a complete tear down or not after then. I imagine any rebuild will be around them finding Stafford’s replacement…

5 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Literally what's the point to sign anyone at this point? No one is going to push any kind of needle and we are in the negatives for cap space next year w/o even having a QB. Save the money and try to trade Robby, but Rhule is fighting for his job, so we won't be smart. Let the young guys play. 

So, throw in the towel before the season starts? Good thing the Bengals, coming off a bad season the year before, did not do that last year. They were coming off 5 straight losing seasons, actually. 

If the Panthers get a break at QB with Mayfield, Garapollo, an improved Darnold, or an overachieving Corral, the team could make the playoffs. You don’t twirl in the towel at this point. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

So, throw in the towel before the season starts? Good thing the Bengals, coming off a bad season the year before, did not do that last year. They were coming off 5 straight losing seasons, actually. 

If the Panthers get a break at QB with Mayfield, Garapollo, an improved Darnold, or an overachieving Corral, the team could make the playoffs. You don’t twirl in the towel at this point. 

I feel that our DE room is very young, having a vet to replace Reddick would be nice for the future. Its a one year deal that could aid development, hope he signs. I assume he wont be wanting to come to mini camp so I wouldn't panic if he isn't signed this week.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, 45catfan said:

FACT: Not winning the division, that would be the Brady and the Bucs.  PROBABLE: Not getting a wildcard, that would be a NFC West team and Central/East team.  So we are burning cap to get an extra win or two so Rhule can say there is progress.  On to year four of Tepper/Rhule and more negative cap space. Yippy!!!!!!

So your strategy is playoffs or tank?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is no in between with rhule and co and that is what is so motherfuging frustrating.  There is seemingly no plan in building this franchise long term

So you didn't want Reddick  last year either.  You wanted to lose all the games last year?

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Good answer! 

I agree and being that every year our dline gets lil injuries here and there, it'd be good to have  a guy who could spot start if needed.  It's not like we signing a scrub. The only caveat of course is Rhule not giving the young guys the burn but I feel it's not a bad problem to have on the dline. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I liked reddick but i didnt understand the 1 year deal.  As to your second question we were not going to be very good last year and we should have adjusted accordingly. 

The one year deals are a safe way to fill spots, see if players are a good fit, and not be on the hook if they aren’t a fit. We talked to Reddick about extending him, but he just wanted too much money. Longer deals can be dangerous if a player isn’t a good fit in our system. 

• Pie 5

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I liked reddick but i didnt understand the 1 year deal.  As to your second question we were not going to be very good last year and we should have adjusted accordingly. 

People already hate Rhule because of last year and you wanted him to go as close to winless as possible.

22 minutes ago, poundaway said:

People already hate Rhule because of last year and you wanted him to go as close to winless as possible.

I wanted Rhule to have a plan and its obvious he is clueless.   If he won 5 games but his teams were improving then we could build on something and the fanbase would latch on to that, his strategy on building this team is mindblowingly retarded.  Throwing poo against the wall and praying is not how successful NFL teams operate.  If you need examples of said poo throwing holler but I think you are smart enough to know what I am referring to