• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way Too Early Trade Predictions

kungfoodude

Trades  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Panthers make any "win now" trades post August 31?

This was a big thing last season as we attempted to bolster the defense after a couple of injuries early in the year. Apparently we fully believed this was going to be a playoff run.

Will this happen this year? Will it be dependent on early season results?

Edited by kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The fact that these fuging morons thought that last years team was a couple of players away from the playoffs just shows how inept they really are. 

Yeah, no doubt. I am just curious if people think that was a fluke thing or we will start getting antsy again this season.

Yes. Rhule thinks he can win now and he might actually have some pressure to do so from Clownownership. Also Hurney trained him his first year and by all signs that is another turd he left in the punchbowl, the clasic Hurney 'we are a move away from the SB in any year regardless of facts' some of us loved so much.  

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yes. Rhule thinks he can win now and he might actually have some pressure to do so from Clownownership. Also Hurney trained him his first year and by all signs that is another turd he left in the punchbowl, the clasic Hurney 'we are a move away from the SB in any year regardless of facts' some of us loved so much.  

Well, if the reports are true about the Baker deal, it appears Rhule may have lost that personnel power. Or at least it could be diminished. So is Fitterer as likely to take a short term view?

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yes, all it will take is for them to win a few games early and they will start to think playoffs.  I fear it will be a repeat of last season.

We will see. I think it will come down to what I said above. Who has the most power? Fitterer strikes me as a wheeling and dealing kind of guy but is he going to push for a single season like that? Seems less likely than Rhule, who is fighting for his job.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, if the reports are true about the Baker deal, it appears Rhule may have lost that personnel power. Or at least it could be diminished. So is Fitterer as likely to take a short term view?

We will see. I think it will come down to what I said above. Who has the most power? Fitterer strikes me as a wheeling and dealing kind of guy but is he going to push for a single season like that? Seems less likely than Rhule, who is fighting for his job.

Fitterer may be fighting for his job as well.  Also, I'm not convinced it's him who's in the Mayfield camp. Where is Tepper in all this? He certainly hasn't been silent about the need for a qb. Whoever it is I wish they would keep their mouth shut. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Fitterer may be fighting for his job as well.  Also, I'm not convinced it's him who's in the Mayfield camp. Where is Tepper in all this? He certainly hasn't been silent about the need for a qb. Whoever it is I wish they would keep their mouth shut. 

I will be interested to see if Fitterer is out when Rhule goes. 

Apparently Fitterer is more pro-Baker than Rhule. IDK if that means Tepper is or not. He has supposedly not been exactly quiet on his feelings about the QB position since he became owner. 

Just now, bLACKpANTHER said:

i think all delusions of this being a "win now" team went out the window last year..

I hope Fitts has been given the reigns more and more and Rhule is gracefully being phases out of control..

Yeah, I don't want to see "hot seat" Rhule making any trades. Hard no to Bill O'Brien moves.

If we really believe this long rebuild poo, then act like it.

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK but I suspect Fitts is too trade happy. As far as his views we will see. I just couldn't do more than guess yet. I think if we see how he handles the QB situation and Corral's part. There were no indications we drafted him to just be a backup.

• Beer 1

just don't give up any better than a 4th round pick. I don't care about the cap space. FFS if we hadn't drafted Corral I would be on board with Baker. Now my dude is 3rd on the depth chart and never gets a chance to shine this season. 

Package Robby Anderson in the deal too. If you can somehow trade Darnold away (highly unlikely) you obviously do it. 

• Pie 1