• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets getting new practice facilities? Tepper take note..

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

So the concept of cyclicality applies to the NFL, but not the NBA

False.

where one bad season makes you a terrible owner who can't possibly get better, despite actually getting better.

16 seasons...4 winning, 3-playoffs, 0-playoff wins, 8 coaches, single worst season in NBA history.

He's been through 2 cycles as an NBA owner and hasn't figured out a single thing...he is what his record says he is, an incompetent owner.

Only James Dolan is worse in the NBA.

Dude, people wouldn't clown you if your biases weren't so blatantly obvious.

Biases?

Also, it's been four years, not three.

They were literally days away from training camp when the sale closed in July of 2018.  Tepper had no ability to impact that season that one doesn't accrue to his ledger -- 3 seasons 👍.

You know Tepper's not going anywhere anytime soon and this seems to be a completely unenjoyable endeavour for you at this point...

...what would Tepper have to do to change your mind about him? 

I'm talking about over a 5-year timeframe...thoughts?

• Poo 2

27 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

False.

16 seasons...4 winning, 3-playoffs, 0-playoff wins, 8 coaches, single worst season in NBA history.

He's been through 2 cycles as an NBA owner and hasn't figured out a single thing...he is what his record says he is, an incompetent owner.

Biases?

They were literally days away from training camp when the sale closed in July of 2018.  Tepper had no ability to impact that season that one doesn't accrue to his ledger -- 3 seasons 👍.

You know Tepper's not going anywhere anytime soon and this seems to be a completely unenjoyable endeavour for you at this point...

If a 43-percent win percentage as an owner makes him incompetent...how would you describe an owner with a 33-percent win percentage?

27 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

1) dump Matt Rhule.
2) stop operating from "win now" mode until the team proves it can win more than one game in the second half of the season (4-29 in the second half of the season since he bought the team, worst in the NFL by far).
3) commit to the Carolinas and stop acting like a pompous asshole.
4) hire a coach capable of winning as many as eight games in a season, and then win as many as eight games in a season (which would still be worse than the Hornets' win percentage last year)

That's a start.

34 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

16 seasons...

Hold on a minute. You're counting three mediocre years against Jordan when Bob Johnson owned the team, but you're discounting a mediocre year where Tepper was literally the team owner from start to finish?

Again, this is why no one respects you.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:06 PM, Carl Spackler said:

You're counting three mediocre years against Jordan when Bob Johnson owned the team...

In June of 2006 the inimitable Mike "Can't Fund/Find My Checkbook" Jordan took a large ownership stake in the Bobcats and was given complete control of all basketball operations...

...his clock starts June/'06 -- get your act together man 🤙.

Now this 🤦‍♂️...

...coaches fired & hired = 9 🤣😂.

65071314-EE36-4B39-8FD7-97B2C6841C43.jpeg

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

That crossed my mind as well. 

Quin resigned from Utah on the 5th of June and the Atkinson news broke on the 10th so it's possible the team was so far into negotiations with others that Quin really was never in the mix. 

Quin for sure has one ex-wife in Charlotte, and I'm pretty sure two -- and I think kids with both.  

Not sure if that works for or against him considering coming to Charloot...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

On 6/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

False.

Biases?

If he doesn't get his stuff together BEFORE that he will have crashed a once good franchise.

He's not smarter than any other owner group, not more innovative, not the richest(soon), hasn't succeeded in hiring a winning FO.

Lacking, lacking, lacking. I've heard better ideas on the huddle.

What does he have to do? Listening to the fan base is a great start. Demand that the staff get Matt Corral ready to play.

McAdoo would enjoy that challenge and so would Matt. Give the team some damn direction instead of "optionality" which has proven to be directionless and rudderless.

• Beer 1