• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets getting new practice facilities? Tepper take note..

16 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Just when you thought the Hornets were about to turn a corner.....MJ said hold by beer...damn 

I mean.....listen....if you thought they were about to turn the corner, you haven't been paying attention to the Bobnets for a long enough period.

From Bob Johnson to Michael Jordan, this franchise has just been bad. Which, given Jordan's directly personnel involvement up until the last few years(including the Bob Johnson era), has largely been his fault. 

Jordan may lay claim to the GOAT(at least arguably) as a player but his track record as a FO guy or an owner is abysmal. That's not new. He was terrible with the Wizards, as well.

It's interesting to see when you see so many other great players from his era have success as coaches or FO guys. It's so strange to see such a relentless competitor and notorious hard worker as a player be so wildly unsuccessful in any other basketball role. 

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean.....listen....if you thought they were about to turn the corner, you haven't been paying attention to the Bobnets for a long enough period.

From Bob Johnson to Michael Jordan, this franchise has just been bad. Which, given Jordan's directly personnel involvement up until the last few years(including the Bob Johnson era), has largely been his fault. 

Jordan may lay claim to the GOAT(at least arguably) as a player but his track record as a FO guy or an owner is abysmal. That's not new. He was terrible with the Wizards, as well.

It's interesting to see when you see so many other great players from his era have success as coaches or FO guys. It's so strange to see such a relentless competitor and notorious hard worker as a player be so wildly unsuccessful in any other basketball role. 

By turn a corner that is a lower bar to cross for this franchise. They finally got a potential star in Melo. They have not had one since the LJ/Zo days. Throw in Rice and Davis maybe. Bridges is fun to watch. I agree MJ being an owner is a head scratcher. I think he is the GOAT as a player but I’m not sure what the 180 degree opposite of that would be as an owner...a possum maybe lol. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

If he doesn't get his stuff together BEFORE that he will have crashed a once good franchise.

He's not smarter than any other owner group, not more innovative, not the richest(soon), hasn't succeeded in hiring a winning FO.

Lacking, lacking, lacking. I've heard better ideas on the huddle.

What does he have to do? Listening to the fan base is a great start. Demand that the staff get Matt Corral ready to play.

McAdoo would enjoy that challenge and so would Matt. Give the team some damn direction instead of "optionality" which has proven to be directionless and rudderless.

It is nut-cutting time 🤙👊...

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I'll give Clifford two years. This is far and away the best roster he will have had in Charlotte and he managed to get those other teams to the playoffs, albeit in a weaker Eastern Conference.

If he doesn't Hurney (hernia?) and make the same mistakes he made his last turn, the Hornets could be a second round playoff team. I'll be interested to see what a few other guys do in Summer League (Williams and Liangelo Ball). I'd say the Hornets are nabbing a solid sharp shooter away from being solid. Perhaps Curry will want to come to Charlotte for two years to end his career and can provide that pick and roll with Ball.

Side note, how sick would the Hornets be to watch with Ball and Curry? 

26 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Perhaps Curry will want to come to Charlotte for two years to end his career and can provide that pick and roll with Ball.

How much would that cost?

Can Mike "I Can't Find My Checkbook" Jordan afford it?

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'll give Clifford two years. This is far and away the best roster he will have had in Charlotte and he managed to get those other teams to the playoffs, albeit in a weaker Eastern Conference.

If he doesn't Hurney (hernia?) and make the same mistakes he made his last turn, the Hornets could be a second round playoff team. I'll be interested to see what a few other guys do in Summer League (Williams and Liangelo Ball). I'd say the Hornets are nabbing a solid sharp shooter away from being solid. Perhaps Curry will want to come to Charlotte for two years to end his career and can provide that pick and roll with Ball.

Side note, how sick would the Hornets be to watch with Ball and Curry? 

Lol. I hope we never see Curry in CLT. He doesn't deserve this poo. Retire out in Golden State and win another title or two. Go make people talk about you as an all time great, not waste away in those place.

I suspect Clifford 2.0 and Hurney 2.0 will be pretty similar. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. I hope we never see Curry in CLT. He doesn't deserve this poo. Retire out in Golden State and win another title or two. Go make people talk about you as an all time great, not waste away in those place.

I suspect Clifford 2.0 and Hurney 2.0 will be pretty similar. 

I've always been a team over individual kind of fan. So if Curry came here and shcked, that'd be on him.

59 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I've always been a team over individual kind of fan. So if Curry came here and shcked, that'd be on him.

He's an all time great player. This is not a franchise for those sort of guys. 

Maybe one day it will be.