• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

While I am not enthused about getting him, the guy has missed five starts in four years.  That is hardly injury prone.  

Mayfield should've been out most of the season. I don't even like his attitude about his inury. He hurt his team by not riding the pine. He was injured though, make no mistake...more than 25 percent of his career.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/14/baker-mayfield-opens-up-about-extent-of-shoulder-injury/

Edited by top dawg

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Even then how does this improve your team long term?  What exactly does this do in regards to building your team?

I know right?  This is the same guy railing about saving cap for next year over a good defensive end, but he wants to spend cap on a diva who didn't do much with one of the best OL's and backfields in football and surrounded by weapons.  Baker's teammates hate him, he makes obscene gestures on the sidelines, he screams at coaches. 

Please no.

• Beer 2

Most on here are not enthusiastic about acquiring Baker. As long as the cost is minimal, I think it is the best case scenario. Baker is a vet, and say what you will, he is a decent QB. He improves our chances to be competitive and to me that is what counts. In the right environment, Baker could be a quality starter.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2