• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

I really feel like people need to be reminded that Corrall is a 3rd round rookie from an RPO, 1 read offense if I remember correctly.  He probably won't be ready to start, so if we can get Baker cheap why not? Is he worse then Darnold? The same? Slightly better? As long as its cheap we aren't any WORSE off so. He at least has some grit unlike Darnold. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

GET MATT CORRAL READY TO PLAY! MAKE THAT A PRIORITY SO WE DON'T GO WASTING MORE MONEY AND PUSHING THE FUTURE BACK FOR RECYCLED TRASH. STOP PLAYING THE FOOL.

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

Get a friggin' clue. Sheesh! Listen to your fanbase for once.

This would honestly be my preference. Focus on getting Corral ready. If that means Darnold starts the first 5-6 games so be it. But focus on getting Corral ready to take the field this year. Find out if you have anything to work with or if we're still in desperate QB need again next off-season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Some people are psychotic.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zha7cktq8jh56ov7o3

I mean, I understand that people don't like it, but Rhule is the lead dog until he's relieved of duties. For all the talk of Tepper taking away his power, just reading between the lines and seeing the draft night on Panthers Confidential, you could easily see that Rhule was still ultimately the one in charge, but you also saw him trusting Fitterer to do what he does. Bottom line, Fitt works at Rhule's pleasure. Now of course Rhule could be acquiescing to someone else's demands (probably not McAdoo's), but it leads me to think that he's behind the Baker thing. And, well, he's the one fighting to keep his job. 

By most accounts, Fitterer has done a good job drafting, you can see it in how GMs have been ranked recently; I know there has been at least one article (if not more). 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This would honestly be my preference. Focus on getting Corral ready. If that means Darnold starts the first 5-6 games so be it. But focus on getting Corral ready to take the field this year. Find out if you have anything to work with or if we're still in desperate QB need again next off-season.

As Fans that would make us happy. They are the anti-fan.

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Supposedly it's been Fitterer pushing the Baker deal and Rhule hasn't been necessarily on board with the Baker trade.

If true, that is exactly the opposite way I would have predicted that situation to be.

Sounds to me like Tepper is still meddling in this qb search.  They all can...

Season 1 Paolo GIF by Friends

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I understand that people don't like it, but Rhule is the lead dog until he's relieved of duties. For all the talk of Tepper taking away his power, just reading between the lines and seeing the draft night on Panthers Confidential, you could easily see that Rhule was still ultimately the one in charge, but you also saw him trusting Fitterer to do what he does. Bottom line, Fitt works at Rhule's pleasure. Now of course Rhule could be acquiescing to someone else's demands (probably not McAdoo's), but it leads me to think that he's behind the Baker thing. And, well, he's the one fighting to keep his job. 

By most accounts, Fitterer has done a good job drafting, you can see it in how GMs have been ranked recently; I know there has been at least one article (if not more). 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47on7gpg7faac414u4af

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

They know it's Rhule pushing for this but the internal conflict is off the charts. Can't criticize Matt Rhule 🤫

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As Fans that would make us happy. They are the anti-fan.

I mean, I've accepted that these guys realize they're likely fighting for their jobs and that they're highly unlikely to put their jobs on the backs of Sam Darnold (after coaching him for a year) and a 3rd round rookie. They're going to bring in another vet to try to salvage their jobs. Of the bad options available, Mayfield would be my choice. The guy has legit talent but he's a jackass. As a fan who has basically detached myself from this team emotionally, my body is ready. It'll be entertaining regardless. Maybe a slice of humble pie and a change of scenery rejuvenates Mayfield. Or... maybe it's just an absolute poo show with a QB who probably won't bite his tongue. Either way, sounds entertaining to me. 😂

I was driving the bandwagon for Baker and a LT at 6 pre draft. My stance remains the same - all depends on the price.

If we're talking a conditional 6th/7th and they eat 75% of his salary or swap Darnold I am ecstatic for the move. Probably even more so now that we were able to get Corral in the 3rd too. 

If we trade anything higher than a 3rd while Cleveland avoids paying any of his salary or taking Darnold off the books I'll be livid and get my pitchfork ready with the rest of you. 

Just gonna wait to see how this unfolds.