• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Corral is low risk high reward. Look at Tom Brady and Russell Wilson's contracts, they could build winners because of those third round and sixth round contracts.

Corral feels just like Aaron Rodgers did, they are very similar, let him take it out on the NFL. Treat him like the first rounder he should have been if not for the decoys.

Get on that bandwagon NOW instead of contract time when he's looking at you sideways for jumping on the bandwagon late. Or making him jump through unnecessary hoops.

Engine, engine #9

Get him ready and if he falls, pick him up, pick him up, pick him up!

Screenshot_20220504-141021~2.png

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree, although I hope they don't give Mayfield a longterm contract if he comes here.  If he does come here, then lets see what we got before we commit years of cap space.  

Mayfield to an immediate long term contract should be a storming BOA level event. 

We can't keep being this dumb.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Who cares? He can be nice and terrible somewhere else.

You missed the major point of the post that Baker is not much better than Sam. It's not a big enough upgrade to justify trading for him. 

I get it you love Baker because you don't really realize that football is a team sport and Baker was in a great situation in Cleveland. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Theres 4 years of tape on Mayfield, we know what he has got at this point.  

with sammy you could say (and we said) that we hadn't seen him with much talent around him. of course you could also say that for him last year, but that's another issue.

you can't say that for baker. he's had talent around him, and he still couldn't get the job done. what makes anyone think that he'd be more successful here? cleveland was left wanting to go another direction for a reason. we'd be in the same boat. worse, we'd be compelled to start him over corral or sammy. the whole thing is just a mess that i wish we'd avoid, but it's starting to look like him coming here is unavoidable. we'd have a guy that sees ghosts and another that is afraid to throw the ball. 

QB competition between those two....

napoleon dynamite slap GIF

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

with sammy you could say (and we said) that we hadn't seen him with much talent around him. of course you could also say that for him last year, but that's another issue.

you can't say that for baker. he's had talent around him, and he still couldn't get the job done. what makes anyone think that he'd be more successful here? cleveland was left wanting to go another direction for a reason. we'd be in the same boat. worse, we'd be compelled to start him over corral or sammy. the whole thing is just a mess that i wish we'd avoid, but it's starting to look like him coming here is unavoidable. we'd have a guy that sees ghosts and another that is afraid to throw the ball. 

THIS.

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

That was sarcasm, the huddle would make Cam the highest paid QB in the league.

I have not seen anyone try to break the bank to resign Cam. He can be had for cheap and is just as good of an option as Sam or Baker, they both suck.  

Plus our OL is built for a power running game. 

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think the biggest difference is that Baker has actually had some success at the NFL level. Darnold has quite literally never been successful at all.

Baker is a streaky, gunslinger in an era that doesn't favor that playing style at all. Darnold is a non-NFL caliber QB. He's in the Leaf/Russell category of massive busts that are incapable of playing in the NFL at all.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1