• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I will say that anyone stumping for Darnold in 2021 and against Baker in 2022 has some explaining to do.

Especially if we get Baker at a fraction of the price.

The difference is that the people stumping for Darnold in 2021 were blaming his o-line/coaching staff/receiving corps for his failures in NY and clinging onto hope that maybe if those improved, Darnold would improve and maximize his potential.  Whereas with Baker, you can't really blame those things because he has had a VERY solid support system across the board in all three of those areas.  So we basically know what Baker is, best case scenario, under peak conditions and it's pretty meh.  I think pretty much everyone understands that Baker will not be getting peak conditions here lol.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The difference is that the people stumping for Darnold in 2021 were blaming his o-line/coaching staff/receiving corps for his failures in NY and clinging onto hope that maybe if those improved, Darnold would improve and maximize his potential.  Whereas with Baker, you can't really blame those things because he has had a VERY solid support system across the board in all three of those areas.  So we basically know what Baker is, best case scenario, under peak conditions and it's pretty meh.  I think pretty much everyone understands that Baker will not be getting peak conditions here lol.

Yeah but that point of view was very obviously stupid regarding Darnold. I mean....it was painfully obvious it wasn't a coaching or talent issue. It was that he didn't understand what he was seeing.

But, yes, we definitely should not be expecting better than his best efforts in Cleveland for Baker. At best, he is just not watching a guy that has no business in the NFL.

I'd rather have Cam than Baker or Jimmy G, because Cam's my favorite player of all time and his price would be lower than theirs. But realistically, it's unlikely to happen. Blame 1) the albatross that is Darnold's contract, 2) the shitshow that was an offensive line and coaching staff last season, and 3) *hide your eyes, kids! Your feelings are gonna be hurt!* David Tepper

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

The attraction would be maybe some actual TD passes on top of those INT's as opposed to Darnold just int's and fumbles. Not saying I want Baker but at least there would be the occasional exciting pass. 

Baker 92 td-56 int

Sam   54 td-52 int (2nd most since 2018)

Yeah, Baker has thrown a lot of INTs, but hes also still nearly got a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. 92 TDs in his first 4 seasons is nothing to shake a stick at. 

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, seriously...get a life.

Repeatedly coming back here and stumping for something that's never gonna happen is just a huge waste of time.

Hint: The Panthers don't come to The Huddle looking for ideas.

Thats what you think.  I am actually, literally David Tepper.  Ask me anything!